Poll

Should we end this campaign?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Is it time to End This Campaign?  (Read 2579 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 188
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Is it time to End This Campaign?
« on: September 15, 2016, 07:19:32 pm »
Ok guys! We have been playing this campaign for about 5 months now, and we had always said before that we were going to play to October, which is rapidly approaching. So, the question is, do you want to go ahead and call it here?

And, if so, is there any interst in either re-playing this campaign or starting a new one?

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
Re: Is it time to End This Campaign?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 10:44:28 pm »
If work returns to "normal" for me after the PoP ends in November, I'm more likely to follow through on a new campaign. :-)

And I want to play Chaos next time... for some reason, feeling very Khorny lately
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

Seahawk

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 02:40:32 pm »
I'm ready for a conclusion to this story arc! It can lead into the next story line quite nicely! Chaos has gained a strong foothold in the sector, now the Imperial response is a-coming!

Charbe86

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 04:08:46 am »
I'd be interested in playing if you start a new campaign, but I haven't tried vassal yet.  Will the 12hr time difference be an inconvenience or a deal breaker?
Valor is of no service, chance rules all, and the bravest often fall by the hands of cowards.
Tacitus

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 08:38:23 am »
I'd be interested in playing if you start a new campaign, but I haven't tried vassal yet.  Will the 12hr time difference be an inconvenience or a deal breaker?

It will be inconvenient, but not a deal breaker I think. Having dealt with this exact scenario at work, one possible scenario that I can see is meeting your US-based opponent mid-morning your time on Saturday; that equates to Friday evening here. I was commonly playing Seahawk at 10-11 PM our time. This could also work in the reverse, if you were willing to be up late and your opponent has time to play mid-morning.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2016, 12:44:00 pm »
Ok...it looks like it is unanimous! I'm going to send out the official "End of this Campaign" PM to the participants sometime next week, and put together a wrap-up post on the blog. As for where we go from there...I'd like to get a new campaign up and running soon. I'll start a new sub-forum to discuss that possibility. Cheers!