Author Topic: Dead Star PC and PS4  (Read 1803 times)

captainrockman

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Dead Star PC and PS4
« on: April 11, 2016, 09:45:04 am »
I've recently picked up Dead Star for PS4 and it is really fun.

Dead Star is a hybrid between a twin-stick shooter and a MOBA (multiplayer online battle arena). Matches last 10 to 15 minutes and center around gathering resources, controlling sectors, and of course combat.

There are 3 races and 3 ships for each race (small, medium, and large). Small ships are single pilot dog-fighters. Medium ships usually have tactical abilities with the ability to buff or debuff a small area of the map, or gather resources more quickly. Large ships are full on frigates with serious firepower and fleet support (healing other ships around them, etc.)

The gameplay is fast but methodical and I highly recommend it. Check out the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPA-I5HiK7Q

Finally, there is a special game mode that you can earn as a rare reward. I have not seen this happen yet. But, if you are lucky you will be called up to aid in a raid, piloting a capital ship, and invade an ongoing match. I really want to look up what it looks like in game, but I'm saving the surprise for when it happens to me.

This game is free on PS4 for anyone with a PSPlus membership. Or it is just $20.00 any other time. I don't think the PS4 and PC servers have cross-play.

For a more thorough review check the link below.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/dead-star-ps4-review

I'm up to game with anyone on PS4 (Batllefront anyone?). Send me a PM if you are interested.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Re: Dead Star PC and PS4
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 07:16:47 pm »
Neat! The game sure looks pretty  8). I'll have to add this one to my Steam wishlist.

mariejustice54

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Star PC and PS4
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 04:05:08 am »
Thanks for sharing this info.