Author Topic: The Painting Year in Review--2015  (Read 3626 times)

Andrewchristlieb

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Re: The Painting Year in Review--2015
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2015, 10:07:41 pm »
That sub looks awesome Andy, good job. Heh, I guess I should be more specific. Both subs look great, but that DW Prussian is fantastic!
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2015, 09:17:19 am »
Thanks! I spent a little extra time with that one, and I think it shows. Sorry I forgot to comment earlier, but your Directorate stuff is quite nice, and you did a great job on that Stormraven (even if it is kind of a goofy looking model ;)).

Stephan

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2015, 01:10:38 pm »
I agree Andy, great work on both subs!  How does the Prussian sub do for you in-game?

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2015, 05:01:07 pm »
I agree Andy, great work on both subs!  How does the Prussian sub do for you in-game?

You should ask Last Rites; he's been on the receiving end of the thing's Speerschleuders on more than one occasion  ;D.

Seriously though, not bad. I think it is a little hamstrung by not having any weapons it can fire from a submerged condition, but it is a solid model that has done well for me so far. Having reinforced bulkheads and rugged construction help with that.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2015, 08:17:21 pm »
Good looking ships Ruck. Really like that sub. The model itself is a great design, you did it justice.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2015, 02:45:41 pm »
Well, nothing like waiting until the last minute, right?  :D I had hoped to get a few more ships painted by the deadline, but holiday travel and a really bad cold have conspired to dash those plans.

So here is what I painted in 2015:

For some reason I thought I'd painted more this year, but I guess not. Pretty good mix of space and ocean naval ships. The majority of the models I painted this year were for Spartan's new Halo: Fleet Battles.

For Dystopian Wars, I painted mostly Republique of France ships:

And then there were a few one-offs, painted for hobby competitions or other reasons. Here is a Galacteer Class-IV starship from the War Rocket! game (Hydra Miniatures) that I painted for a local hobby challenge:

And of course The Dragon and a Victoria-class monitor for the Chinese Federation and the Royal Australians (Dystopian Wars), respectively:

My favorite model completed in 2015 is the French Couronne-class assault carrier for Dystopian Wars. I put a LOT of work into this model, from repositioning the aircraft on the deck to weathering the deck to painting the French emblem on the superstructure:

What's notably missing from this pictures is anything for the Federated States of America (Dystopian Wars) or the Rense System Navy (Firestorm Armada). Need to get cracking on both.

For 2016, my painting goals are to 1) pick a scheme and paint at least HALF of my FSA models; 2) paint my ENTIRE RSN fleet (kind of a no-brainer, since these need to be painted before Adepticon!); and 3) paint up my remaining Fortune Hunters and Ancients of Atalan miniatures for Deep Wars. Those three items alone will make for a busy painting year...anything else will be gravy.

Thanks for looking!
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama