Author Topic: Full Spectrum Dominance (Blog)  (Read 1153 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Full Spectrum Dominance (Blog)
« on: January 26, 2015, 06:58:57 pm »
Just stumbled across this blog the other day, and thought I would share:

http://fullsd.blogspot.com/

There is a lot of great DW content there!

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Re: Full Spectrum Dominance (Blog)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 12:37:27 pm »
Yeah, that guy posts a lot of battle reports on the Spartan community threads, and he's a great painter. Almost too good, imho. I also think he gets the models faster than almost anyone else, and paints them seemingly immediately. Makes me wonder what (if anything) he does for a living!
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Big Mac

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 10:24:12 am »
Hi, this is George from Full Spectrum Dominance. Cheers for the link!

There's no secret to my painting speed or supply of models - I'm not a Spartan Vanguard or anything like that, I just pre-order the things I like and get them on time. I work full time as a Hotel Manager, but work weird hours (split shifts in the morning and evening, usually) so tend to paint in the afternoon. It's amazing how much you can paint if you do a little bit every day of the week.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 10:40:39 am »

There's no secret to my painting speed or supply of models - I'm not a Spartan Vanguard or anything like that, I just pre-order the things I like and get them on time. I work full time as a Hotel Manager, but work weird hours (split shifts in the morning and evening, usually) so tend to paint in the afternoon. It's amazing how much you can paint if you do a little bit every day of the week.

Hi George, welcome to ManBattlestations! No offense was meant by my comment above--been following your work on the Spartan forums for awhile now, and I'm always impressed with your painting and battle reports. It just always seemed to me that you get models/scenery knocked out very, very quickly, and to a very high degree of detail.

Anyway...any tips/tricks you have for painting, terrain, etc, please share them here, and again welcome!
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Fracas

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 33
    • View Profile
    • Warmancer
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 06:55:35 pm »

Damn fine blog you got
Not to mention the beautifully painted models, the great reports, and the terrain laid out
Damn fine blog template I mean :)
Firestorm: Aquan, Directorate, Retholza, Hawker (FsA)/ Terran (FsPf), RSN (FsA)/ Dindrenzi (FsPf)
DW: EotBS, FSA, PLC.
Warmaster: Kislev, Khemri, Dwarves,
BFG: Pacification Fleet (IN), Tau Expeditionary (SG), Battlefleet (Chaos), Kher-Ys Corsairs, Crusade Fleet (IN),
LotR: Khand, Gondor, Mordor

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 09:57:15 pm »
Welcome aboard! I'm glad you decided to join our merry band  ;).