Author Topic: DW version 2.0 Game Day?  (Read 988 times)

CDR-G

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 5
    • View Profile
DW version 2.0 Game Day?
« on: May 04, 2014, 10:14:36 am »
Is there any interest in setting up a version two Game day in the area? This would be a one or two day event at a LGS. I would think simply two days of demo games and pick up games to try the new rules, and show off some new models. Possibly the second half of June, so on June 21-22 or 28-29. Enough time to actually have read the rules and tried one game, plus paint some new figs.
Thoughts?

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
Re: DW version 2.0 Game Day?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 05:53:36 pm »
June 22 works for me.  I'm already committed to helping with the teen gaming day at the local library on the 3rd Saturday of every month.  The last weekend of June works for me as well.  If we host in Fredericksburg we may get players from Richmond and NOVA both.

Cave Johnson

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 11:38:08 pm »
Either date works fine with me.  I think this would be a lovely idea!

CDR-G

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 02:15:19 pm »
I will be going to GENCON in Indianapolis in mid-August. There is a intro 1.1 game on the event list now. I may try to set up a version 2 game there. Anyone interested?

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 11:27:38 pm »
I'd be up for a late June 2.0 game day!

@CDR-G: I'm jealous! I really, really want to hit up Gencon one of these years. This year is out, unfortunately, due to my work schedule. I'll probalby have to wait until I'm on shore duty again before I will be able to make it. It's funny, I was born in Indianapolis, and most of my extended family lives there, but I've never been to the show!