Author Topic: Thoughts on the KOB Subs  (Read 1204 times)

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Thoughts on the KOB Subs
« on: December 03, 2013, 10:00:08 pm »
Been playing with the idea of padding my FSA fleet with some subs from the KOB. Anyone ever use/encounter them? If so what were your thoughts?

Also thinking of picking up the EIMC to add a lil corporate flavor.  :D
"Without destruction there can be no creation"

MajorMcNicol

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • Regret #9
    • View Profile
    • Andy G. and Ian C.
Re: Thoughts on the KOB Subs
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 07:13:43 pm »
I'm afraid I can't really comment on either, as I haven't fought with or against any!  However, I think the new British submarines (there's a Large, a new version of the Medium, and even a small, apparently!) could be a pretty cool and fluffy backup fleet.  Which size class were you thinking of adding?

With the EIMC, I'd love to know how the Sustained Fire rule works out for you  ;D
http://andygomez.wordpress.com/
UPDATED Canons de Zibeline DW Merc Company rules: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_gsuBDmdvmLNFduUHRWMEtVbTA/view?usp=sharing

Check out my brother's novel on Amazon: Out From the Chasm by Keenan Cross

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 09:41:48 pm »
The KoB are pretty under-represented at my FLGS...only seen them on the table once, and the guy didn't have the subs.  So I can't comment either.  I've had to weather the sustained fire of the EIMC, however, and it truly is a pain.

I had a similar thought about the EIMC.  Am thinking about picking up the KoB and EIMC and running a hybrid fleet.  The ships look good, and the Forbes-class blimp looks awesome.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 08:25:58 am »
Leaning towards the new sub box, McNicol, that way I could cover all class sizes.. I want to do something like what landlubber said, by running a hybrid alliance fleet. With the departure of our EotBS player to the AF, I'm stuck with facing the French, Ottomans and Italians. So far have run a few games where the FSA is running supplies through the Med, and really want to expand on the fluff of that theater. May start by just getting a few of the new Vanguards to "test the waters"...sorry couldn't help myself
"Without destruction there can be no creation"