Author Topic: The Corsican Incident  (Read 1465 times)

Corto Maltese

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 1
    • View Profile
The Corsican Incident
« on: October 20, 2017, 04:09:37 am »
Dystopian Wars isn't dead!  After initially being a bit shell shocked by Spartan's demise, my small group - the Lead Mountain Boys -  have continued playing using 2.0 rules.  My original fleet was Italians and I always had a hankering for the Black Wolf Fleet, so after 'the announcement' I quickly snapped up one of the last of Corsican Incident sets I could find.  We played the first scenario this week and had a great time.  Both fleets seem incredibly hard hitting, so the game proceeded very quickly.  The new Italian gunships - Spuntone class - and the BW battle cruiser - the Nemesis - seemed to us to be the standout ships of the game, although I am sure we will discover other interesting wrinkles as we proceed with the campaign.  This was the first time we had seen the Black Wolf Fleet in action.

Here are a couple of photos and more on Simon's blog: http://theleadmountainboys.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/the-corsican-incident-scenario-one.html

Quickdraw

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
Re: The Corsican Incident
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 08:39:12 am »
Nice! Those paint jobs are looking good.

Corto Maltese

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 09:06:07 am »
Nice! Those paint jobs are looking good.

Thanks - I was pleased with the way the Black Wolf ships turned out.  Wasn't sure how a black colour scheme would work for me.

Easy E

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 112
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 09:27:59 am »
That was a fun little read.  Too bad about the film.   :-\

Support Blood and Spectacles Publishing:
https://www.patreon.com/Bloodandspectaclespublishing

McKInstry

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 11:56:50 am »
Good looking stuff.  Listening to EDR with the folks that bought the DW IP, I think the game is going to enjoy a renaissance starting sometime next year and your 2.0 games are likely close to where they end up.

Fracas

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 33
    • View Profile
    • Warmancer
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 02:53:29 pm »
Nicely done
Firestorm: Aquan, Directorate, Retholza, Hawker (FsA)/ Terran (FsPf), RSN (FsA)/ Dindrenzi (FsPf)
DW: EotBS, FSA, PLC.
Warmaster: Kislev, Khemri, Dwarves,
BFG: Pacification Fleet (IN), Tau Expeditionary (SG), Battlefleet (Chaos), Kher-Ys Corsairs, Crusade Fleet (IN),
LotR: Khand, Gondor, Mordor