Author Topic: Tournament Report  (Read 1641 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Tournament Report
« on: June 17, 2012, 05:16:00 pm »
Hey all! Just posted a report for the tournament I played in yesterday on the blog:

http://www.manbattlestations.com/blog/2012/06/17/battlestandard-games-tournament-report/

Definitely some interesting things to think about for the standardized tournament rules we are working on!

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
Re: Tournament Report
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 08:32:26 am »
That's great.  Funny that you only had 500 points for each round while many of the local DWVA players pester me that they think 600 points is too small.

Mezegis

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 01:24:51 pm »
I was the EotBS player Andy played first.  I didn't find the 500 point limit that bad, it allowed us to play multiple turns (4-6) in the 2 hours given.  I think if we go much higher, we'll only get 2-3, and too many games will be decided by who killed the most frigates.

Perhaps it's our familiarity with the rules, but we have a lot of slower players, and if we gave them 1k points, I seriously doubt we'd do much more then move them around before time was called.

It was a fun time, first time out with the fully painted force, and they did well :D

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 07:36:08 pm »
I was the EotBS player Andy played first.  I didn't find the 500 point limit that bad, it allowed us to play multiple turns (4-6) in the 2 hours given.  I think if we go much higher, we'll only get 2-3, and too many games will be decided by who killed the most frigates.

Perhaps it's our familiarity with the rules, but we have a lot of slower players, and if we gave them 1k points, I seriously doubt we'd do much more then move them around before time was called.

It was a fun time, first time out with the fully painted force, and they did well :D

I did notice that there were some players that tended to take longer...as such, my third game only went 4 turns, where as the first two had about 6. Still, I think that 600 or even 800 is manageable, especially if rounds are extended to 2 hours.