Author Topic: Campaign book!  (Read 3075 times)

orangetom

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Campaign book!
« on: May 09, 2012, 11:07:21 pm »

The first campaign book for Dystopian Wars chronicles the bitter struggle between the Federated States of America and the Empire of the Blazing Sun. With the involvement of the Kingdom of Britannia, Prussian Empire and Covenant of Antarctica, this is a truly epic military struggle. Hurricane Season comes to you in hardback and provides a series of exciting scenarios for you to play, detailing major actions in the campaign. The Covenant of Antarctica rules and stats are included along with new rules for National Fleet Commodores, Amphibious Landings, Deployment Orders and more.

Yes, Amphibious warfare is coming to Dystopian Wars! To help you link your naval and armoured fleets, we bring to you the Large Landing Barge, capable of transporting any unit from an Armoured Battle Group across the sea. Landing Platforms add further amphibious capability to your armoured units, and Small Landing Barges are perfect for assaulting secondary targets with small vehicles or infantry.

http://spartangames.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=Campaign&product_id=554

http://spartangames.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=Barge&product_id=555

http://spartangames.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=Platforms&product_id=556

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Re: Campaign book!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 09:10:07 pm »
Duuuuuuuude.....

Those things are going to be AWESOME.  I guess you make it faction-specific by whatever command structure you use?  That's good news!
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

orangetom

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 11:39:41 pm »
yea, I really can't wait for it to release!

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 03:40:06 am »
I can understand why nobody got excited about the X-Cam because it's abstract, but if this campaign book gets more players interested in playing an ongoing campaign then I'm in too.

Orangetom, Landlubber:  I'm going to GV today and will place an order for a copy.

orangetom

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 08:53:40 am »
I liked the X-cam, just getting the time to do it, what I Like about these campaign books is that it starts to develop the fluff for the company, they are evolving the story of there world, which is awesome.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 10:43:34 pm »
About the X-Cam...honestly, it sounds like a good idea, but sometimes I can only get a game in every 2-3 weeks, so....it just doesn't seem conducive to the frequency with which I play.  I love the one-day tournaments, and mini scenarios like the one Ruckdog led Ken and I through a few months ago, but that's about the extent.

I'm just happy to get to play when I can.

Looking forward to some amphibious warfare, though!  I'm guessing we'll be able to conduct shore bombardment with naval vessels?  When we played our scenario back at the beginning of the year, we allowed naval ships to fire on land units (and vice versa), as long as they were in range and there were no line of sight issues.  I'm thinking a dreadnought, or even a battleship, could put a SERIOUS hurtin' on a Landship , even at RB2...
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 06:48:42 pm »
I agree, this thing looks sweet! I am looking forward to see what is in there. I'm  hoping that we will get faction-specific decks to go with it soon, as it seems like a natural companion product.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 07:36:53 pm »
I just got an email from The War Store, and my copy is on the way! I'll post some impressions of it when I get a chance to look it over  8).

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 06:54:57 pm »
Just put up some impressions of the model and the book on the blog:

http://www.manbattlestations.com/blog/2012/06/27/hurricane-season-unboxingimpressions/

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 05:22:13 pm »
Mine is on order through my FLGS.  I should have it by the end of the week and will start planning the next DWVA event with a mini-campaign in mind.