Author Topic: Imperial Skies Kickstarter  (Read 1101 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Imperial Skies Kickstarter
« on: November 25, 2015, 09:38:53 am »
Just saw this today!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rottenlead/imperial-skies-wargame

This is a alternate-WWI game, with large flying warships. The setup reminds me a lot of Leviathans from Catalyst games, which has unfortunately been placed on an indefinite hiatus. I'll be keeping an eye on this one...the minis look OK; they are not super-detailed, but the do capture the look of WWI-era warships nicely. What do you guys think?

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Skies Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 04:05:38 pm »
The miniatures look a lot like the Aeronef models I've seen in the past, which I've never been a big fan of--although I do think some of the Aeronef models could be converted into civilian transport airships for use in Dystopian Wars. I prefer Spartan's models, I guess (or maybe I'm spoiled by the quality of their models?). Being an aesthetic gamer, it would have to be a KILLER ruleset for me to get past the look of the ships. Agreed that they do capture the WW1 era "look", but they just don't do it for me.

But...that's just my impression, and admittedly I glanced over the Kickstarter very quickly on my tablet. Will take a closer look this weekend.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 11:34:23 pm »
OK, updating my first impression...

The reason the ships look so much like the Aeronef models is because they ARE the Aeronef models from Brigade...I didn't realize that when I first looked it over.

Again...the models just look to basic for me to be interested, even if the rules are well-written. Spartan Games has set the bar pretty darn high for the way model airships should look, and the Aeronef models just don't cut it. For me, anyway.

Ruckdog, how do you find these? Do you just troll through the games section of Kickstarter? Or do you have some sort of automatic alert set up for specific parameters (like miniatures games)? There are so many projects on Kickstarter, it almost seems like trying to find something like this would be akin to looking for a needle in a stack of needles.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 08:41:19 am »
Ruckdog, how do you find these? Do you just troll through the games section of Kickstarter? Or do you have some sort of automatic alert set up for specific parameters (like miniatures games)? There are so many projects on Kickstarter, it almost seems like trying to find something like this would be akin to looking for a needle in a stack of needles.

Honestly, they just pop up in my KS "Recommended for You" queue. I guess that tells you something about the projects I've backed  ;D.