Author Topic: Coming Back to NOVA!  (Read 1098 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Coming Back to NOVA!
« on: September 01, 2015, 01:41:20 pm »
Well gents, it's official. I'm coming back to Northern Virginia! I've just gotten orders to an assignment at the Pentagon; I'll be moving in October. Can't wait to meet up with you guys again!

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Coming Back to NOVA!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 03:01:51 pm »
Looking forward to having ya back Ruck!
"Without destruction there can be no creation"

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 12:14:37 pm »
Awesome!

And between picking up the starter box for HALO Fleet Battles along with seeing the pic of the new Japanese giant robot for DW, I'm actually ready to play some Spartan games again!

CDR-G

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 09:16:58 am »
Welcome back! Pentagon shore tour- hmmm. Is the Navy Annex still around? Anyway enjoy it and hope it is a good one.
Lets see if we all can set up some events in the area.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 11:50:09 am »
Nope, the Navy Annex is history! I'll be in the main building, in a first floor office referred to as "The Bilge." No joke!  ;D

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 09:34:14 pm »
Hey all! So, A quick update is in order. Looks like I will actually be living farther south than I had originally planned, down in Woodbridge. So, I won't be as close to E&E as I thought, but on the plus side I am going to be more centrally located, so E&E, the store in Woodbridge, and the Game Vault are all within reach. I think right now I'm going to shoot for 1-2 times a month at E&E, and the rest at one of the other stores.

Being centrally located in Woodbridge has another advantage; it puts me in a good spot to host events! The house I am renting is HUGE, with a good-sized finished basement that Gwen has generously given me leave to turn into a gaming area. I will be able to easily set up 2-3 tables for gaming, and it would also allow us to have food and our favorite "adult beverages" without having to worry about cross looks from the store owners  ;D.