Author Topic: New DW Player in Northern Virginia  (Read 1171 times)

Bogo

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
New DW Player in Northern Virginia
« on: September 01, 2015, 07:43:19 am »
Hello all!

I recently started playing DW and have bought in hook, line, and sinker.  I already have two fairly sizable Fleets (RC and PLC).  I would love to find more opponents and learn more about the game.

I live in Springfield, so Eagle and Empire is pretty close.  I also have plenty of room and terrain at my house.

I look forward to hearing from other NOVA DW players!

Bogo

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Re: New DW Player in Northern Virginia
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 01:39:46 pm »
Welcome! I'm glad you were able to brave the spam filter and join us  8). I look forward to meeting you in person and maybe even having some games with you when I get back down to NOVA in October.

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 02:59:46 pm »
Welcome! Glad to hear about another Grand Coalition player in the area. A few of us are in the midst of a semi campaign at the moment. Sadly I will not be able to make the next round till October or November.

I am closer to Eagle and Empire, so can make games there easily. This last weekend we went down to Flashback comics in Woodbridge and had a really good time. First time visiting that store, but i think it works well as a middle ground meeting spot between the Game Vault in Fredericksburg and up here (last time it took close to two hours to make it down there because of traffic). Lately we have been using this forum post to connect for games http://www.manbattlestations.com/forum/index.php?topic=694.105

Again, welcome and looking forward to meeting you!
"Without destruction there can be no creation"

Bogo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 06:23:09 pm »
I would love to get in on the campaign (even if I have to wait until October).  My schedule should be pretty free after NOVA Open.  I look forward to meeting everyone.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 07:31:37 pm »
Welcome aboard Bogo, glad you found our little corner of the interwebs!
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 12:18:20 pm »
I'm going to be at NOVA Open this weekend as well, Bogo. Even though I picked up a box of HALO Fleet Battles, I'm going to check out the demo games going on all weekend.

I'll be in the fantasy hall helping run the Age of Sigmar events. NOVA Open will be the closing of my involvement with Warhammer for a while, so I should have more time to get in some classic Spartan games along with the new fleet battles game. It's about time to plan a big event at the Game Vault in Fredericksburg.