Author Topic: DWVA Summer Event June 3rd  (Read 3992 times)

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
DWVA Summer Event June 3rd
« on: April 14, 2012, 04:38:00 pm »
Our 3rd seasonal event is scheduled for June 3rd at The Game Vault, and I'm organizing this along more conventional tournament format as I anticipate a larger crowd than the 10 regulars which have attended the previous two events.

So everyone can begin considering force lists, here's the Maximum Force Values:

600 Naval Core (ships and air units only)
600 Armored Core (landships and air units only)
900 Naval/Armored mixed (all units allowed, Naval or Armored Core--your choice)

And I'm considering an all air force scenario....

The first 2 rounds will have strict time limits and feature the 600 point forces.
The 3rd round will feature land and sea terrain with Sturginium flares for teleporting land units between islands....

orangetom

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Re: DWVA Summer Event June 3rd
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 11:05:37 pm »
Count me and the EotBS to be in!

RandomBrit

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 04:07:10 pm »
is this still going to be teams or is it going to be a singles tournament?

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 11:11:23 am »
No teams this time.  We're playing three fast rounds to determine a victor according to wins.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 08:38:22 pm »
Me and the FSA are in.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Cave Johnson

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 11:15:53 pm »
Well, this'll finally get me to play the land side of things... I'll be going French on this one (yes, I know I used to be Covenant, but I just love the French models)

svenjensen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 01:54:45 pm »
Svenjensen will be there with CoA!

RandomBrit

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 09:05:02 pm »
Just want to wish everyone the best of luck at the tournament! oh and P.S. GO KoB!!!!

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 12:33:56 am »
Thanks to everyone attending today. Special thanks to Ryan and Erin for each playing "round-up" positions so we could have an even number of players for all rounds. Congratulations to Patrick for the win, and Mike for second place and a winning combination of painted models and good sportsmanship. Thanks to all those driving in from as far away as Richmond, Charlottesville, Warrenton, and Alexandria--we still had more players from outside the Fredericksburg area than we did locally. Also, a very special thanks to John for his efforts to stencil customized mugs to award as prizes and bringing in an extraordinary collection of painted model ships, airships, and giant robots. And thanks to Cathy and the staff at the Game Vault which all were gracious hosts by allowing more than a dozen crazy Dystopian Wars fans crowd around 7 tables while this guy walked around in his funny hat and Hawaiian shirt taking pictures. I'll post some of those pictures soon!

Please send me any feedback or suggestions for future events.  I think having more than 13 players involved was a bit more than I could manage alone, especially when I was trying to make sure tables were set up for the next scenario and make sure everyone understood the objectives, etc.  But what do you like and want to experience in future events?  I'm leaning more toward campaign events and away from the more competitive tournament environment for prizes, especially if it means I can take off my unbiased organizer hat and actually bring some of my own model ships to the table.  But what do the rest of you think?  Let me know by PM or post on the thread.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:44:41 am by MadDrB »

orangetom

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 10:21:22 am »
Just wanted to say Thank you for setting up the Event, and I enjoyed it myself, I can't wait for the next one, also, I can't honestly think of anything else to add to the events, I thought this one went by really smoothly!.

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 06:18:59 pm »

Location of the event, for scene setting purposes.

I didn't take many pictures of the players, but this one is my favorite group shots with 3 games in play and all 6 players engaged.

A clash of titans as a pair of John Henry robots head directly toward a pair of Prussian airships.

A squadron of Prussian small airships lead an attack against CoA ground forces in the 2nd round.

The Prussians mobilize in the 3rd round.

The game during the 3rd round which decided our 2nd place player.

3rd round game between CoA and FSA; the FSA just managed to earn a victory for 3rd place overall.

This one is my favorite overall because it shows the detail highlighted by a great paint job on this Metzger.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 07:51:17 pm »
Yeah Aaron, it was a lot of fun, thanks again for putting the whole thing together.

Jack, sorry I took your award.  I'll do my best to allow you to win it again next time.   ;)
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2012, 11:05:10 pm »
Looks like an awesome event! Wish I was there. That Olympic-class transport is really nice looking!