Author Topic: DW at either the GV or E&E  (Read 32886 times)

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Re: DW at either the GV or E&E
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2015, 11:09:33 am »
The node launcher is one of my favorite weapons. Knocking out shields or target jammers is way too clutch. I think the folks on the forum may have meant the time dilation gen, as it uses at large template. The only other one I can think of would be the storm/weather gen. James does a great job of helping to clarify for folks on there, but many things get lost in confusion/interpretation of the rules with so many folks chumming in. Searching in the forums, for me, often leaves me even more perplexed to what the true intent is.

Won't be able to make it this weekend, but take some pics and post if ya can!
"Without destruction there can be no creation"

CDR-G

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 5
    • View Profile
Re: DW at E&E 7 March
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2015, 10:43:00 pm »
I plan to attend on the 7th.
I would like to do some pre-planning.
One idea- I am interested in trying 1,000 point Fleets with the maximum size being one medium Battle Cruiser and no SAS units.
This would make for about seven squadrons and a fast game. The BCs would be the big boys but attackable.
Also how about a simple scenario. I have some fortifications. A port and airbase? A convoy?
Ideas?

Creon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2015, 09:25:51 am »
You can't build a legal 100k fleet with max BCs I don't think at 1k.  If you want to limit it to BBs no carriers that might be more achievable.

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2015, 12:08:47 pm »
I'm all for a scenario game. Got a game Friday night to expand the Operation Torchlight story going on now. Getting another going, or expanding on the one we are doing now, or the Galvanic, OR attempts at a more streamlined 2.0 XCAM would bee cool. With 1,000 points dedicated to meds and below, maybe a lower points total would work better. As the squad count pretty much equals the same with larges, even without SAS. I agree with Creon on no carriers perhaps. Were you thinking of this being a team game or 1 vs 1 game?

CDR-G

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2015, 05:42:09 pm »
I knew the BC battle group wasn't rulebook legal. But I also did a quick setup and they will play fast and are interesting because you get to have more mediums than you would ever get unless you play big point value games. We usually get to turn two, maybe turn three. This gives you a fast light game with interesting squadrons you won't see elsewhere.
But if we need to stay legal...
Scenario: I will put out some ideas later. I am parcel to a Pirate scenario right now, lots of interesting little known units and odd mixes.

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2015, 10:54:46 am »
Was just looking up mines in my friends Admiral Edition, and below the blurbs on mines was info on the node launcher. There it talks about the large template being used over the nodes landing spot. Though reading the info on the gen is totally different. I have the Commedore edition at how and will need to check it there as well. So many rules!!!

Pirate scenario sounds like it could be interesting. Keep us posted on what you come up with!! Looking like Loke, Long9, and VforVlad will be there as well on the 7th.

CDR-G

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2015, 01:19:02 pm »
Yeah the Node generator is a generator all its own. It has a 4 inch radius zone but if the feeding generator is limited to targeting a specific model the node changes that to all models in the zone.
So think of it as giving your greater a range of 28" .
Italian Calcification and shield generators may make Scutums more common and prompt opponents to make generator attacks.
Gladius, no longer a Capital-- so can attract smalls, etc. without the minus one but don't get isolated systems.
Hmmmm.

CDR-G

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2015, 09:47:50 am »
Oops, looked again at the Gladius- a Light Cuiser- but isn't that meaningless as it is still a Capital ship?

Creon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2015, 12:46:20 pm »
Italians, to be different, have Captial Light Cruisers.  Take the Humble, Not Capital Marseilles or the humble, not Captial Riever.  Silly Italianos.

Creon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2015, 02:05:29 pm »
I'm showing up with a 1k force, 1 BB, no SAW, No Carriers.  I will also have a normal 1k force, but :)

CDR-G

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2015, 05:41:08 pm »
Weather on Saturday looks good. Off today.
I thought I posted this but maybe I did't hit send- Some ideas for Pirate scenario. Pirates being non- conformists and wanting to add a little "ARRGH"! into it some scenario rules.
- All Pirate crews Regular or worse are Reckless, this include air crews, airfield and fortifications.   
- If a Pirate Commodore is lost the forces must take a Disorder check. On a roll of 1-2 the Pirates decide to live to raid another day and will start to leave the battle.
- Pirate forces normally come from any mercenary power. The BW "One Careful owner applies." Individual ships from a power are allowed, with constraints- these are prizes and will not get any special capabilities that came from the original power. Any MAR from the original will only transfer if it applies to weapons or generators.
- Pirates can have non standard BGs and squadrons, up to a point. So they can mix squadrons of the same size and type, - - Units that normally have support squadrons don't get them but can have a special Pirate Support Squadron which is always a boarding unit, (Ausie Crocodiles, HEC Stingray or other Merc boarding Support Sq.)

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2015, 12:46:13 pm »
Something came up so won't be able to make it today. Have fun and take pics!

Creon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2015, 01:06:02 pm »
Shop didnt open taday we dont know why. Try again next week.

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2015, 12:09:11 pm »
That sucks. Can't next week, folks in town. Did get a very late 1500 pointer in yesterday, on a home game. Epic loss to some ottomans.

CDR-G

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2015, 09:26:35 pm »
So who is going to E&E this weekend for DW?