Author Topic: DW at either the GV or E&E  (Read 33032 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Re: DW at either the GV or E&E
« Reply #210 on: December 02, 2015, 07:42:47 pm »
Go ahead and bring them, just in case! So far, it looks like you and CDR G are coming. I'll send you my address by PM shortly. 

CDR-G

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 03, 2015, 09:23:39 pm »
Got the address. I can bring some terrain and the the makings for the Scenarios.
I am looking for a Take the Straight scenario or a a Mysterious Island (last time).
Brandon is eligible for Take the straight. Mysterious Island (last time), or challenge  Andy for his straight
Scott can replay convoy (as defender- (big advantage) or, if all agree play Take the Straight.
Andy and I have unlimited supply for this battle.
Or anyone can play a pick-up battle.

Anyone that has won a Convoy scenario can challenge Andy for his straight. He gets some free fortifications so you better be good.
Andy can do the Island Hopping scenario if there is someone else that is eligible (they fight it out) or a non-eligible player can choose to oppose Andy's attack, however he would not take the base ( this is basically a meeting engagement)- if Andy wins he gets the base, if his opponent wins they are eligible to take the base in the next scenario. Not a great deal as you fight one battle without any immediate gain. BUT it will allow to bypass a Take the Straight loss.
If people sign up ahead of time we can post a fleet online and set up the scenario- save some time.

CDR-G

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 03, 2015, 09:34:47 pm »
Note, defending the Straight means the defending sets up all his units first, The attacker then decides which edge to come in on and gets his choice of flanking edge (arrives 2nd turn), No Advance units, no local air (unless you have a base). Attacker entry is per campaign entry rules, place on the edge and then move. Surprise attack--The attacker gets to activate two Squadrons in his first activation. The attacker moves first.
defender gets one Bunker complex in one straight and two towers (any kind) in the other) They must be placed in the middle zone, face into the straight and LOS across the straight cannot be blocked by terrain

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #213 on: December 04, 2015, 10:22:19 am »
Is Scott confirmed to be coming? I haven't sent him the address yet. If he isn't, we are looking at a 3-way situation.

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 04, 2015, 11:13:06 pm »
Hey got the address. Couldn't get any others to join, but will be there round 11-12 tomorrow. I'm up for whatever mission. Would like to advance missions or do the straight, but I'm open. Not sure what other 3-person games there are, full disclosure.
"Without destruction there can be no creation"

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 05, 2015, 10:38:08 am »
Looking more like 12 or 1

Creon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 05, 2015, 01:28:20 pm »
I was unable to verify and no address anyway

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #217 on: December 05, 2015, 04:10:25 pm »
Sorry about that Scott! Maybe next time?

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #218 on: December 09, 2015, 06:12:08 am »
Thanks for coming over last Saturday, guys! Hope you both had a great time. The way things are going, the rest of December might be shot for me unfortunately.

CDR-G

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 09, 2015, 10:38:45 pm »
It was good game experience I will do a brief write up on the superior Prussian Gunnery and fearless attacks. The FSA barely escaped without major losses and our ally was beat up.
Another win for Andy. His straight can not be challenged. He can now pursue his Forward Base in one of two ways.
Normal two power vying for control of a neutral port.
Start in control of the port. Swap some points for Fortifications and get a free 6 SAW forward Landing Field
[/list]
For the losers we have to take a straight to even fight Andy for his base.
Alternatively I or someone can play Andy as a mercenary force of Italians and EoTBS that own the port. It will have one Medium AA Tower and one Forward Landing Field plus 1150 points of Naval/Air. Defender CAN have forces off board and can flank. Attacker enters from up to two known directions and can  flank. The approach is constrained.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #220 on: December 23, 2015, 05:43:02 pm »
Hey guys! What are we feeling for dates in January?

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 29, 2015, 11:45:00 am »
Mid to late Jan work for me.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #222 on: December 30, 2015, 09:31:23 am »
Okay! How do the 16th or 23rd strike you?

As for meeting places, I'm willing to host again, or I can come up to E&E.

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 04, 2016, 11:02:08 am »
Happy New Year! I'm pushing for the 16th. Need to check with the other guys to see if they will be round. If not the 16th i should be open for the 30th. Will keep ya posted for sure.

CDR-G

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 05, 2016, 08:42:27 am »
16th is good for me.
Andy's is easier for me than E&E but will attend anywhere. I can also host but the difference between me and the GV is only about twenty minutes and traffic sucks on Saturdays. If we ever do a Sunday it would work.

So, three players has been common. At the last battle we split the points for one side and made them allies, they gained 50 points each. I would expect that 1250  should be the minimum.
The split in forces constrains the make up of the TF. So 675 each for the Allies.
They would also both get any victory benefits.
The Allies only need to meet force composition requirements between the two of them, but each must meet allied contingent rule as a minimum.
Sound reasonable?
Would really like to have forces and scenarios or straight battles ready before we meet. That has been difficult as people are unsure until quite late.

Note: I will be willing to play a neutral defender. It won't advance me in the campaign but will allow me to play some of my Mercenaries. This would include taking the Port (island Hopping scenario)), Mysterious Island and even defending the convoy.