Author Topic: Oct 11th Demo Day  (Read 1036 times)

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
Oct 11th Demo Day
« on: September 13, 2014, 12:12:30 pm »
I'm planning a day of miniature demo games on Saturday, October 11th at my FLGS in Culpeper, VA and I'm looking for someone willing and able to run some demo games of DW.

The main concept is to run open games for people off the street--we want to grow our local community of gamers and perhaps inspire someone to try tabletop miniature gaming.  Games will be open and demonstrating the basic rules of a system as well as show off some cool, painted models.  So, the idea is someone could walk up to a table, take command of a squadron of frigates, play a turn or two, and then walk away to try another game.

We may have up to 6 different miniature games in the store being demonstrated.

I have two painted fleets I don't mind members of the public touching, but I would like to be free from running any one game--I would like to be able to talk with people walking in and maybe direct them to a table or just answer questions, etc.  So, I would like someone else locally to actually run demo games of DW--I will have everything necessary to run a game, I just need someone to arrive and show it off.

We're planning to start at 11 am and run until 8 pm, but I don't expect anyone to run games the entire time--I'm looking for commitments of 2-4 hours, so I could possibly have 2 different gamers run the same game at different times during the day.

My FLGS doesn't carry any DW products, but they carry a range of boardgames and comics.  I'm working on getting some gift certificates from the owners to reward gamers running demos.  Please contact me if you're interested.  Thanks.

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
Re: Oct 11th Demo Day
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 10:00:09 am »