Author Topic: DW at Game Vault 8-17  (Read 2038 times)

Long Nine

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
DW at Game Vault 8-17
« on: August 13, 2014, 09:28:59 am »
Hi all,

Me and Last Rights will be at game vault around noon to play some DW any others interested in coming? Also we may have a few others joining us possibly ottomans and french. Hope to see you there.

Cheers,
Long Nine
"A ruler that has but an army has one hand, but he who has a navy has both." Peter the Great

Creon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: DW at Game Vault 8-17
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 10:37:21 am »
What points level are you working with?  And Other than French and Ottomans, who's fleets are expected?

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 12:09:58 pm »
Haven't brought the full FSA force out in a while. Also got some new wares for them to try out...Not sure what time the Game Vault closes but would really like to get in a 1000 - 1200 point game in if folks have the time. Confirming availability of the Ottoman and French players.
"Without destruction there can be no creation"

Creon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 02:06:09 pm »
If proper permissions are received from the Spousal Unit, I can field 1250 in Covenant, Blazing Sun, and Prussians.

CDR-G

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 07:41:44 am »
I will be finishing up GENCON in Indianapolis. Ahh well.
Nothing super, DW-wise, going on. A fair amount of Firestorm Armada though. The Warstore is here, lots of DW but few of the new box sets, and almost all of them the armors BGs.

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 06:57:41 pm »
Let's get a report when all is said and done!

Shooting to be at the GV round noon.
"Without destruction there can be no creation"

Cave Johnson

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 09:50:20 pm »
I may or may not be there myself.  If I do come, I'll probably come w/ Antarctica.  Any point values welcome; I've been away for too long.

Long Nine

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 05:48:58 pm »
I don't think playing a smaller point game will be a problem.
"A ruler that has but an army has one hand, but he who has a navy has both." Peter the Great

Cave Johnson

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2014, 11:00:58 pm »
Okay, so it looks like I won't be coming after all.  But one day..... I will return!

CDR-G

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 01:24:57 pm »
So, how did this go?
GENCON was more work than it was worth. But very interesting. The WarStore was there with lots of DW box sets, but nothing I needed. I did two demo games that went well enough. Players were supposed to have played before- some did. Spent a good while going over the rules. Shoulda known better. Saw/did some Firestorm Armada- seems easy compared to DW and Uncharted Seas. Kinda like Uncharted Seas. FA was OK, probably better than what I saw.
Played something called Starmada, that can use any mini set- (including FA) just make up stats for them. Kinda Like Full Thrust from what I hear.
Some cool accessories, lots of COSPLAY and some decent historicalesque miniatures (Orc's Drift, to modified Chainmail rules- played really well.) The other DW demos were the RC against the Invaders- RC rolled poorly and was slaughtered. And another pitting the RoF against a bevy a old school movie monsters- Godzilla, etc. I didn't get to see that one. That is what appeals to a GENCON audience.