Community > DWCO Events

Tacticon 2014

(1/3) > >>

Stephan:
So, what are everyone's thoughts on going after a Tacticon event?  I could probably re-run the War of the Worlds event, but I'm thinking some kind of open play of DW would go over better.  We could put together some good terrain tables and just use it as a chance for folks to get to know each other and play against a wide range of fleets.

Thoughts?

Landlubber:

--- Quote from: Stephan on June 04, 2014, 06:21:08 pm ---So, what are everyone's thoughts on going after a Tacticon event?  I could probably re-run the War of the Worlds event, but I'm thinking some kind of open play of DW would go over better.  We could put together some good terrain tables and just use it as a chance for folks to get to know each other and play against a wide range of fleets.

Thoughts?

--- End quote ---

I was planning on going to Tacticon anyway, so I'd be up for some open gaming.  Did something similar with MadDrB (who lurks somewhere on these forums) at Historicon a few years ago.  I've heard Tacticon doesn't draw as large a crowd as GenghisCon (and Genghis wasn't all that big), so you might want to see if there are any slot open in the late morning/early afternoon for better visibility.

I've not done the War of the Worlds scenario...how well does it represent the core game? I'd be up for whatever, and can help with set-up, tear-down, scenario-building, etc.  Maybe I can even get some of my ships finished up before then.  :D

markymark1970:
I can support either one, but maybe some open play sessions would be good.  If we can get enough people to participate, we can get a lot of different factions on the table, hopefully driving more interest.

Landlubber:
That's a good idea as well.  Between the four of us that showed up at Crit Castle a couple weeks ago, we probably have seven different fleets (I know I have three on my own, and should have one more [Japanese] by the time Tacticon gets here).  That's a decent cross-section of the available fleets. 

We could run small engagements/scenarios to showcase a) what each fleet does well, and b) the different things you can do with the game.  When I ran DW demonstrations at one of the Gamer's Haven events last November, I had one "heavy hitter" engagement (FSA dread and cruisers against PE dread and cruisers) and one all-air battle (FSA vs PE), just to showcase different aspects of the game.

markymark1970:
Not a bad idea, several smaller events with two or so factions.  Not sure if you guys are able to do full days on Sat/Sunday but might be cool to do that on a Sat and a larger engagement on Sunday with Imperial Bond forces facing off against the other folks (coalition?  I can't recall the name at this point), or an everyone vs Invaders?  I've never stayed at a Con and gamed all day/night (at least in the last 20 years), but I'm up for lots of stuff blowing up fueled by lots of Jolt soda!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version