Author Topic: DW 2.0 games  (Read 3630 times)

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
Re: DW 2.0 games
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2014, 11:57:35 am »
Yeah, Don Mundo came down for one of the DW events I organized a while back and brought some guys from Woodbridge.  I'm glad to hear they're still playing, and I'm looking forward to playing some games on Sunday the 29th.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2014, 12:08:39 pm »
I also have the FSA half of Shadow Hunter, including the Admiral's edition. I have one TAC deck from that as well.
I will have the Liberty, the three Georgetowns, the Bostan and the Turtles painted to a working level. That will make three of the new FSA Battle groups available!
I can use my French instead.

I'm planning on running my PE, myself. I've got some of the newer models; not the new fleet box (yet), but the support box with the sub and the battle cruisers. I'm going to try to have them painted up in time!

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2014, 09:17:48 am »
Sounds like there will be a fair amount of folks showing up to the event. If the games are locking in at 800pts then 2-3 games per table in the back room of the GV, across two long tables should work out nicely. CDR-G, were you able to score us the space needed? Our Ottoman and French players may make it as well. Soon as i get conformation from them i'll post here. That will make four from our little crew. Here's to hoping there is enough room to play!
"Without destruction there can be no creation"

CDR-G

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2014, 01:08:45 pm »
We are on the calendar. I put in for the back room and the first table  next to it in the outer area.
1:30 PM to 6:30 PM. Do we want more time? Go later?
I will change the start time to noon with a game start time of 1:30 (for set up time).

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2014, 07:17:59 pm »
Sounds like a good idea; I'm sure we will need the extra time to allow folks to arrive and to organize ourselves. Thanks a lot for setting this up!

CDR-G

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
DW 2.0 game day at GV Start at 1:30 PM Set-up from Noon
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2014, 10:22:21 pm »
It would be good to have some kind of count- and just as important level of complexity desired and which fleets will be there.

We have the space from 1200 to 1930, I doubt people will last that long.
We can go till close if its a hot game.
7.5 hours should good for two games, one small and one larger.
Larger games are easier now and not really that many more models- just bigger.
Personally I would go with a larger point total but a limit on the number of Squadrons.
Thoughts?
Also, do people want scenarios? Some will be available. But we should let those who wish, set up fleets ahead of time.
MadDrB- Scenarios?

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2014, 06:58:49 am »
I wouldn't mind playing at least one game with the new deployment and objective rules from the rule book, just to try them out.

CDR-G

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2014, 07:20:10 pm »
I wouldn't mind playing at least one game with the new deployment and objective rules from the rule book, just to try them out.
I agree.  I would like to try the Section C rules  and the main activation by activation. But also want to try the whole complexity thing.
want to