Author Topic: Denver Area Gamers Scheduling Thread  (Read 126094 times)

markymark1970

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Denver Area Gamers Scheduling Thread
« Reply #555 on: June 09, 2016, 12:23:56 am »
Comrades, I plan on being there with some Russians.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 09, 2016, 02:32:37 pm »
Comrades, I plan on being there with some Russians.

Excellent! It looks like we may have several people there on Saturday. I just confirmed the tables with Collectormania, we will have two, and I'll be there as soon as the store opens. I'm free pretty much all day to play.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 10, 2016, 08:43:50 am »
I'm going to miss out now it seems, except for a quick drop by after 2. We have a graduation for Machelle's youngest daughter to attend in Pueblo, at 10AM.
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 10, 2016, 11:17:27 am »
No worries Dale.

For anyone coming up from the Springs, be advised the Renaissance Festival has started, so expect likely major delays around the Larkspur exit in both directions on I-25 (I learned that the hard way a couple years ago and almost missed an X-Wing tournament at Gamer's Haven). Especially with the good weather we're supposed to have this weekend.

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 10, 2016, 12:53:51 pm »
I'll use 83 to get there ... so much easier unless stuck behind the Arkansas Chug-a-bug

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 12, 2016, 08:51:01 am »
Thanks to MarkyMark and Zorper for coming out to play yesterday. My Chinese and Zorper's Antarcticans basically gave the victory to Mark's Russian/PLC combined force. Maybe we'll do better next time!

Hypnotini, sorry you guys couldn't make it--one of the store owners was giving away some Dystopian Wars and Firestorm Armada stuff. His DW items were all Empire of the Blazing Sun. I grabbed one of the Ika squids for you (both the surface and submerged version, with tentacles). I'll hold on to it until we can meet up.

Let's start thinking about a July meet-up. We have 5 weekends in July, and I'm free for all of them except 2-3 July. Also, I was thinking we could do Firestorm or Firestorm/Halo for the next meetup? My Halo collection has grown to the point that I can easily field enough UNSC and Covenant models for two simultaneous 1000 point games.

zorper

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 12, 2016, 01:05:04 pm »
Thanks for putting it together.  I now know to avoid the Chinese Navy at close range.

I realized just after you left that I didn't pay you for lunch.  I owe you $7.00.  I'll get it to you next time.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 12, 2016, 07:16:37 pm »
Thanks for putting it together.  I now know to avoid the Chinese Navy at close range.

I realized just after you left that I didn't pay you for lunch.  I owe you $7.00.  I'll get it to you next time.

HA, no worries, yeah just get me next time.

Yes, you never want to be in close range of the Chinese, especially when their ships are undamaged. However, as we discussed, that is the price your Antarctican admiral had to pay for fooling around with sturginium-powered portal technology...maybe next time he'll think twice about opening so many portals!

markymark1970

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 13, 2016, 01:15:19 am »
Thanks Lubber and Zorper, was a good time. 

Zorper, was fun to watch (but not fun to be the target of) you zapping your bombers through those darn portals and into range of my Russians.  I'll have to try that out one of these days.

I also learned (vicariously and at your expense) to stay away from those tarted-up Chinese junks.  And to REALLY stay away from them cruisers and all of their APs.  And although the Chinese might have ruined your day, don't forget that none of them lived to tell about it.

zorper

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 13, 2016, 01:36:26 pm »
... However, as we discussed, that is the price your Antarctican admiral had to pay for fooling around with sturginium-powered portal technology...maybe next time he'll think twice about opening so many portals!

The CoA scientific advancement board has reviewed the after action report, and determined that the best course of action is : MOAR PORTALS!

zorper

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 13, 2016, 01:41:01 pm »
...  And although the Chinese might have ruined your day, don't forget that none of them lived to tell about it.

I'm pretty sure the only ones to survive of the "Surf Tiki God Incident" were the Russians...

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 13, 2016, 01:50:52 pm »
Hey, I was just as shocked as everyone else involved to learn that a Chinese cruiser squadron has TWENTY FOUR assault points. Now, they're all conscripts, but when there are that many of them, I don't think that matters.

The "Surf Tiki God Incident"? I like it. Sounds like the title of a "Man from U.N.C.L.E." episode.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 22, 2016, 09:19:10 pm »
Fellow Colorado gamers, just bumping this thread for visibility. As you have time, post up and let's figure out a game day for July. I'm open every weekend except for 2 and 3 July.

I'm up for whatever, but I thought maybe we could do a space day? Firestorm/Halo/Planetfall/X-Wing/SW Armada?

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 22, 2016, 09:31:00 pm »
My availability is only the 23rd and 30th. I do like the idea of a Star Wars or Space Day...

zorper

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 28, 2016, 11:15:30 am »
Looks like July is out for me guys :(.  Hopefully I can attend whatever in August.