Author Topic: Denver Area Gamers Scheduling Thread  (Read 126536 times)

captainrockman

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Denver Area Gamers Scheduling Thread
« Reply #225 on: February 26, 2015, 08:56:31 pm »
We actually didn't this time.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 27, 2015, 11:26:34 pm »
DarkKnight, hey, you're alive! Great to hear from you. We've added several new captains to our fleet since you last sailed with us. We've been trying to get together once a week at Crit Castle on Airport Blvd, right outside Buckley AFB, usually on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. My job has me working in Denver Mon-Wed until probably mid-June, so I'm actually able to game in Denver some during the week.

Looks like our next big game will be 21 March at Collectormania. We're tentatively planning a large-scale Grand Coalition vs Imperial Bond capture-and-hold territory scenario. With the addition of some new players, we have quite a wide variety of fleets represented, and I think it would look cool to see them on the table.

No, no pictures from the game last night, sorry. I've been slacking in both my picture-taking and battle-report-writing duties. I really should start again, though, as my new iPhone has a really good camera...

Are you still down in the Castle Rock area? Great to hear from you man, hope we see you at the gaming table soon!
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

DarkKnight

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 01, 2015, 10:35:09 am »
Thanks sir, I do for 1 more month live in Castle Rock. We have been have to be out the 30th of March so I might not be able to make the 21st unless we get everything out in the next couple weekends. We are having a house built that is farther north at Quincy and Picadilly in June. I will be in Parker between those times. However my work is not too far away from Crit Castle to meet some Weds this month after work if anyone is interested helping my ships shake the rust off its guns.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 01, 2015, 05:07:38 pm »
Sounds good. If you're looking to set up a game at Crit Castle, you can drop a note in this thread:

http://www.manbattlestations.com/forum/index.php?topic=714.30

Will keep my fingers crossed that you can make it on the 21st, would love to see your Danes on the table!

markymark1970

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 01, 2015, 10:53:21 pm »
21st looks good for me.

captainrockman

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 11, 2015, 06:31:53 pm »
Haven't seen a lot of buzz on this thread for a bit. Is everyone still up for the game?

I have been putting together a PLC list in case we go the DW route. But, X-wing sounds fun too.

Stephan

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 11, 2015, 06:50:41 pm »
I'm good to go!

Quickdraw

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 11, 2015, 08:00:01 pm »
I'm still on for it.
We're going to have to take a vote I think. Big DW games or X-Wing.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 11, 2015, 10:54:19 pm »
I'm still in for the big DW game. Would be nice to get a head count of who will be there, plus what faction each of us plans to play. The plan is to play a Grand Coalition vs Imperial Bond game, and it would be nice if we had the same number of battlegroups on each side. If anyone is running Free Nations fleets (CoA, LoIS, Free Aussies, etc), we can divvy you up into the GC or IB to balance out sides. Marriage of convenience, enemy of my enemy, that sort of thing.

So, I'll be there, and will bring ships to build FSA/Royal Australians or French/Chinese or French/Japanese battlegroups.

Remember, we need to stick to no more than 550 points--one small, one medium, and one large/massive squadron, plus aerial squadrons if you have the points (aerials not mandatory). For the sake of time, I'd say everyone can have only one squadron of SAS--otherwise they'll take too long. You're free to mix your battlegroup however you like, as long as you don't mix GC and IB ships. We're going to ignore the major/minor power relationships, in order to see as many factions as possible represented on the board. So for example, I could run Chinese naval models with French air models, because they're all IB.

Everyone seemed to be cool with this plan a few weeks ago--as long as it still works for everyone, I say that's what we go with.

captainrockman

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 12, 2015, 12:15:43 pm »
I will attend and will build a list of PLC or PLC/RC units.

If Quickdraw or Markymark want to field their Russians, I will just field PLC.

In regards to one unit of SAS, I assume carriers still get to bring their allotted compliment, yes?

Quickdraw

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 12, 2015, 02:30:18 pm »
I'll field my Russians.

Stephan

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 13, 2015, 12:36:08 am »
I'll be there with Prussians!  Can I bring all air?

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 13, 2015, 11:50:34 am »
I'll be there with Prussians!  Can I bring all air?

I don't see why not, as long as you follow the fleet building rules and keep it under 550.

Captain Rockman, regarding SAS, let's see how many battlegroups we have on each side. If we have a lower number of players, we can probably increase the number of SAS for each battlegroup. So go ahead and bring all your tokens, and we'll make a gametime decision on how many each battlegroup can field.

DarkKnight

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 13, 2015, 04:01:36 pm »
Do you guys know your start time that day? I am still trying to make it and the Danes are itching for a fight with their flagship just painted ready to go.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 13, 2015, 05:58:29 pm »
Do you guys know your start time that day? I am still trying to make it and the Danes are itching for a fight with their flagship just painted ready to go.

Glad you asked, DarkKnight, because it prompted me to call the store.

Of course, there is a Magic release event that day at Collectormania. Geez, if only Spartan released stuff as often as new crap for Magic is released... The guy at Collectormania said we would *probably* be OK if someone shows up when they open (at 1000) and claims one of the 4x6 tables. The Magic players typically wouldn't need a table that big, but he said it depends on how many people show up. They will likely have fewer people after 4 pm, but it sounds like the early afternoon will be pretty busy. I have no problem getting there early and sitting on the table, but it will be easier to hold if more of us show up soon after the 1000 opening time.

Another *possible* option is Enchanted Grounds in Highlands Ranch. They have a bunch of 2x6 tables, but the guy I talked to said they have no problem pushing them together to make 4x6 tables. Enchanted Grounds has decent food and drink on-site, as it is also a coffeeshop. Only issue there is that they have a Pathfinder event all day that day, starting at 0900, and they need 4x6 tables also. The guy I talked to said I should email the owner tonight to see if the schedule is nailed down yet for the Pathfinder tournament; I'll do that when I get home.

So...long story short, let's aim for a late morning start, 1100-ish, at Collectormania. I'll see about a table at Enchanted Grounds, just in case, because Pathfinder isn't as noisy (or...aromatic) as Magic is.  ??? And I think for most of us in the Denver area, getting to Enchanted Grounds is just as easy as getting to Collectormania. Will keep this thread updated with my findings.