General > News and Rumors

Homeworld : Fleet Command

(1/3) > >>

Kelly:
The campaign for Homeworld : Fleet Command is launching Tuesday morning on Kickstarter.  From their pre-release materials the scenarios are built off of the original 3D RTS, with rules for cooperative play, and most interestingly a solitaire option as well.

https://www.modiphius.net/pages/homeworld-fleet-command

Ruckdog:
Looks like the campaign is live!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/homeworld-fleet-command-board-game?

Looks like 175 GBP for an all-in pledge. That's not too horrible for all the plastics coming in the box. August 2023 for delivery seems...ambitious, but we will see!

Kelly:

--- Quote from: Ruckdog on February 13, 2023, 05:42:54 pm ---August 2023 for delivery seems...ambitious, but we will see!

--- End quote ---
I think a fast turnaround for the campaign should be fairly easy; there are not quite 20 sculpts total between each of the three pledge versions, and since the majority of the stretch goals are printed items, they probably already have worked out all of the sprue management and tooling decisions for the model prototypes before launch.

I would liked to have seen more from the original game (ion array frigate, research ship, resource collector) but I understand those would be harder to translate to the flat stands of the campaign.  Or even unique ships like the Junkyard Dog, but a one-off ship makes no sense for injection plastic… sigh.  The cards are supposed to bring in class variety to the ships represented in plastic, and given the progress so far I do not know what new physicals they would put up as stretch goals apart from cloaked versions of more standard models beside the fighters already in transparent form.

The Tabletopia mission Modiphius put up is implemented well, but in order to play that mission as solitaire opposed to two player really requires a printout of the AI pages from the draft rulebook to work, so I will be waiting on my pledge to arrive.

Ruckdog:

--- Quote from: Kelly on February 20, 2023, 09:30:30 pm ---
--- Quote from: Ruckdog on February 13, 2023, 05:42:54 pm ---August 2023 for delivery seems...ambitious, but we will see!

--- End quote ---
I think a fast turnaround for the campaign should be fairly easy; there are not quite 20 sculpts total between each of the three pledge versions, and since the majority of the stretch goals are printed items, they probably already have worked out all of the sprue management and tooling decisions for the model prototypes before launch.

--- End quote ---

You may be right...but delays are pretty common for Kickstarter campaigns that feature lots of physical rewards. Looking at Modiphious's previous campaigns, they are no exception and have consistently been a bit late in their delivery timeline. I am still considering backing this, but I'm expecting a 6 month to 1-year delay on that August 2023 delivery window.

Kelly:
New Add On: Kushan & Taiidan Fleet Sets in Alternate Colours
Gray and yellow versions of the fleet box add ons are now going to be available in the campaign.  Granted, these will all be the same ships but will make 3 / 4 player plus games easier to manage on the table (the approval notes in the update are probably referring to colorblind testing).  I really should complain more...

--- Quote from: Kelly on February 03, 2023, 11:31:03 pm ---...why has Homeworld’s launch been inexplicably pushed back twice?...
--- End quote ---
>>announcement email received 50 hours later

--- Quote from: Kelly on February 20, 2023, 09:30:30 pm ---...I do not know what new physicals they would put up as stretch goals...
--- End quote ---
>>update email received 12 hours later

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version