Modeling > The Shipyard

Star Wars second pass

<< < (2/3) > >>

Easy E:
Not the project you wanted, but the one you needed.

Looks great too!

Kelly:
Almost out of the ships from extended universe, the Praetor was a massive ship that continued to grow with each footnote that mentioned it throughout several sourcebooks, and the only depiction of it outside of the barest of concept art was in a comic book.  The various models of it appearing in Empire at War mods all have converged onto a silhouette that could match the comic but that is strikingly different from the other canon Imperial ships but still has some similarities.

If you cannot tell from my above praise, this was one of my favorite models to put together and if it turns out that it is the end of my Clone Wars project, it is a fitting one.*

*And by fitting, I mean that I designed it to be 2000m long at scale, not the 8000m it has currently ballooned to over the past few years.

Ruckdog:
Lovely work as always! I'm really impressed with how crisp your black-lining is.

Kelly:

--- Quote from: Ruckdog on July 16, 2023, 04:58:26 pm ---I'm really impressed with how crisp your black-lining is.

--- End quote ---

Thank you, the secret is two thin coats...

...followed by 7 to 8 coats of various thicknesses.

Easy E:
The Praetor looks great. 

I am curious how a galaxy a long time ago, and far, far away knows a reference to the Roman Republic though.  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version