Modeling > The Shipyard

...and he never painted again...

<< < (2/3) > >>

markymark1970:
WOW!  That is awesome.  I can't get one ship painted in 365 days...

Kelly:
One last group of 25K ships that made it in under the line for 2021...

Easy E:
Impressive.  Good detail on such a small scale.

Kelly:
No resolution from 2022 and it shows...

...a lot of storage space was taken up, but only 38 more 25K ships were finished through the year.  There were several reasons, including reworking prior paint choices, and the careful observer could note that not a single ship was shown with an angle past 60 degrees (I cannot stand painting engine glow).  Since I was going back over a good number of the ships, I decided to try on lighting their thrusters as well just with the simplest method, but 400 2mm circles later I was barely halfway through the set and totally burnt out.

I started moving through Armada during breaks from above, but again only 10 ships were finished in the year.  With the additions I was putting in, progress was slow, and multiple repairs / new reinforcing wires were needed after almost every ship.  The PSBs proved to be a distraction, and led me astray as I ended up modeling and painting 64 non-crew figures across 4 different scales instead finishing off any Armada fleets.

Overall, not a great naval year with 48 regular, but I did get a good start on another 114 models that may work with ships, I just am not sure if they are worth a mention yet.

Ruckdog:
Well, if it makes you feel better you can always go with "2022 was a year of quality over quantity" ;). Great work as usual, and I must say it's more minis than I was able to complete last year!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version