Modeling > The Shipyard

...and he never painted again...

(1/3) > >>

Kelly:
I started my 25K Star Wars project as a New Year's resolution to start painting, and have finally made my original goal...

...one ship a day, every day, to reach 365 by the end of the year.  Including the fighter tokens, I am now past 365, and with 70 days to spare that I will need to finish out my storage for these, finalize the basing, and cover up the mistakes I saw while setting up the shot.

I was planning on sealing everything after the end, but there is no way that I can have them coated before the weather turns so the new plan is hope any issues with paint damage are minor until spring arrives.  But then again, quantity is always my choice over quality (see above) so I may not seal them at all.

Covertwalrus:

. . . Magnificent. Absolutely magnificent.

Ruckdog:
Amazing job! It's been fun watching this progect come together over the course of the last year, and it's truly impressive seeing them all lined up together like this! Good on you for sticking to it the way you have.

Regarding sealing, do you have an airbrush? If so, then you could always spray your varnish on that way. You generally don't get the same effects from humidity with air brushing that you get from rattle-cans.

Easy E:
Fantastic work and a great accomplishment!  I look forward to seeing them in some battles soon!   

Kelly:
Thank you all for the comments and compliments…

--- Quote ---Regarding sealing, do you have an airbrush?
--- End quote ---

…I do have an airbrush that I use basically only for priming, but I have to spray outside due to the layout of my house not having any room in which I can realistically use the brush indoors.  The real limitation is my tolerance of humidity and temperature more than the airbrush’s tolerance.   :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version