Author Topic: DW Faction Popularity  (Read 2147 times)

Stitch_Reloaded

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
    • View Profile
DW Faction Popularity
« on: April 03, 2013, 04:42:09 pm »
Since it seems every faction in DW is represented be someone here, save Antarctica, but which One is the least popular? 
Y'all have been to more gaming sessions, so which one shows up the least and for what reasons? 
Model type, rules, or is it something else?

Stitch
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 04:44:07 pm by Stitch_Reloaded »
I find accuracy increases exponentially when more rounds are placed down range.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Re: DW Faction Popularity
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 09:53:55 pm »
Hmmm...interesting question! It is funny you mentioned CoA...in my experience, they are actually one of the most popular factions. When they first hit the shelves, they had some really good things going for them; cool models, unique weapons and abilities, and the fact that they were something "different" (ie, not in the core rulebook). While their popularity has probably died down somewhat, I would still  put them towards the top. As for the least popular, I'm going to go with probably the French and/or the Russians. I think this is partly due to them having been released later, but also because (in America, at least) there tends to be less interest in playing as those nations.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 10:22:31 pm »
I know its been awhile since I played, but it seems to me the least popular faction is the British.  I feel like I've fought the CoA, Japanese, and Prussians more than anything else (probably because my most common opponents in Virginia were Ruckdog [Prussians], MadDrB [Japanese], and Kyle and Ken [CoA]).

I think I played Nate one time at Game Vault when he was running a British fleet, but that was sometime last spring.

"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Fracas

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 33
    • View Profile
    • Warmancer
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 06:47:55 am »
I think I've played against every faction except fsa
Firestorm: Aquan, Directorate, Retholza, Hawker (FsA)/ Terran (FsPf), RSN (FsA)/ Dindrenzi (FsPf)
DW: EotBS, FSA, PLC.
Warmaster: Kislev, Khemri, Dwarves,
BFG: Pacification Fleet (IN), Tau Expeditionary (SG), Battlefleet (Chaos), Kher-Ys Corsairs, Crusade Fleet (IN),
LotR: Khand, Gondor, Mordor

MajorMcNicol

• Lieutenant
  • Regret #9
    • View Profile
    • Andy G. and Ian C.
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 09:19:07 pm »
Well, I play Russian Coalition and Dominion of Canada, but I have only ever played against: Empire of the Blazing Sun (many times) and the Republique de France.  For some reason, Ruckdog refuses to unleash his Prussians at me... I guess the RC rules the North Sea after all!
http://andygomez.wordpress.com/
UPDATED Canons de Zibeline DW Merc Company rules: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_gsuBDmdvmLNFduUHRWMEtVbTA/view?usp=sharing

Check out my brother's novel on Amazon: Out From the Chasm by Keenan Cross

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 01:18:00 am »
Whatever you do, don't ever engage Ruckdog's Prussians with an FSA fleet.  His Prussian models have some special MAR that negates 75% of all incoming FSA rocket and gunnery fire.  Unfortunately, I have witnessed this first hand.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Stitch_Reloaded

• Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 01:43:17 am »
I'm interested in what Spartan will bring to the table for the Chinese Federation, Ottoman Empire and the Republic of Egypt.
I've never been one for doing the norm, however painting up some EotBS seems to be just that.
I'm liking the Italians, but waiting and the price on a Battle is high.  Wish they would release the Ryuo Class Large Robot early.
Seems the MAR stuff is powerful Mo-Jo...

Stitch
I find accuracy increases exponentially when more rounds are placed down range.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 05:54:11 pm »
Whatever you do, don't ever engage Ruckdog's Prussians with an FSA fleet.  His Prussian models have some special MAR that negates 75% of all incoming FSA rocket and gunnery fire.  Unfortunately, I have witnessed this first hand.

Hee hee! Ve have our Vays!  :D

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 08:47:11 am »
In the events we ran last year I saw CoA the most--in our summer event we had 16 players and 3 of those played CoA; we actually had a fair representation across all factions with 3 Prussians as the most popular as well, 2 of most of the other factions except for only 1 British player and 1 French player.

I agree with Ruckdog that the CoA got a lot of new players or were 2nd fleets for first wave players--I heard more than one gamer at my local game store say, before the models were actually available, that they were waiting to get into playing DW until the CoA ships were released.

don_mondo

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 06:07:08 pm »
Let's see. Our group has EotBS (mine), CoA, France, Russian, Prussian, and FSA. I also have KoB and KoB, so we're fairly well represented.