Warcradle Naval Games > Dystopian Wars

My First Attempt At A DW Scratchbuild.

(1/2) > >>

Covertwalrus:
 So, After a long time finding parts, making decisions and some actual work, here's a shot of my first try at a homebrewed model for DW -

The write-up is there with it, and since this photo was taken some painting has been done. Basically, I had the idea from recieving a job lot of items which included a damaged Brunel Class land carrier, and I reasoned that with the tracks cut from it it woudl resemble nothing so much as a huge barge with a carrier deck added; Given the Free Australian fluff and real-world details like their coal indutsry in the time period,with barges easily available, and a need to be able to project forces into the Pacific and the Arfaura Sea. a grandious gesture of national pride like an assualt carrier to rival both the Raj and the Britannians made weltpolitik sense at least.

Have yet to work out stats for the beast in 2.5, though I'm leaning towards Carrier (5, 2x4 SAW wings ), Artillery with range bands 2, 3 and 4 and a 90 degree Fore arc, 4 crocodile assualt subs and a fore fixed-channel battery of frigate sized guns, with limited broadsides.

Sebenko:
While we're showing DW things we made, here's a 3D model I was working on for a landship-themed game.
We'll make our own DW! With scratch builds and 3D models!

Covertwalrus:

--- Quote from: Covertwalrus on July 23, 2019, 12:49:03 am --- So, After a long time finding parts, making decisions and some actual work, here's a shot of my first try at a homebrewed model for DW -

The write-up is there with it, and since this photo was taken some painting has been done. Basically, I had the idea from recieving a job lot of items which included a damaged Brunel Class land carrier, and I reasoned that with the tracks cut from it it would resemble nothing so much as a huge barge with a carrier deck added; Given the Free Austaralian fluff and real-world details like their coal industry in the time period,with barges easily avaiable, and a need to be able to project forces into the Pacific and the Arafura Sea. a grandious gesture of national pride like an assualt carrier to rival both the Raj and the Britannians made weltpolitik sense at least.

Have yet to work out stats for the beast in 2.5, though I'm leaning towards Carrier (5, 2x4 SAW wings ), Artillery with range bands 2, 3 and 4 and a 90 degree Fore arc, 4 crocodile assualt subs and a fore fixed-channel battery of frigate sized guns, with limited broadsides.

--- End quote ---

RuleBritannia:
Could add a crocodile launch capacity, some rugged and a guardian gen.

Covertwalrus:

--- Quote from: RuleBritannia on July 24, 2019, 04:32:45 am ---Could add a crocodile launch capacity, some rugged and a guardian gen.

--- End quote ---

I mentioned the Crocodiles I thought? Thinking of a capacity of 4. And an External Sheild Generator is part of the build. That I might do as (2), 8" range.

Sebenco, nice work! Looks very suitable for All Quiet On The Martian Front as well if you don't mind me saying so.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version