Community > FACO

HALO at Kobold-Con

(1/6) > >>

Dakkar:
Greg or anyone in CO:
Would you be interested in a HALO Fleet Battles event at KoboldCon, April 26th-28th?
If so, which day/time would be better? Sunday AM-PM? Fri night? Or must it be Saturday?

Landlubber:
You sure they’d allow a dead game at the con? I mean I know other cons do (BFG at Adepticon, for instance) but Halo Fleet Battles never had a huge following...

Dakkar:

--- Quote from: Landlubber on March 05, 2019, 11:19:45 pm ---You sure they’d allow a dead game at the con? I mean I know other cons do (BFG at Adepticon, for instance) but Halo Fleet Battles never had a huge following...

--- End quote ---

They have a dearth of events right now, and plenty of tables, esp on off hours. If we can assure 4 people or more, I'll run it just for a chance to play. :-)

Landlubber:
I talked to Rob about it tonight at the Haven. I think I'm in. I have an idea for a scenario too that would probably accomodate 2-3 players on each side...

Spartan released a "Firefight" scenario for Fleet Battles about a year before they went under. It involves two capital ships in the center of the board engaging each other, while other supporting battlegroups roll for random deployment edges along the edge of table.

What I would like to do is have a UNSC Punic and a Covenant CAS duking it out in the middle of the table, and assign deployment zones and missions to the other battlegroups instead of having them role for random deployment. In my idea, each player controlling a battlegroup would get a sheet of instructions on where to deploy (diagram of the battlefield), which turn they deploy on, and what their battlegroup(s) mission is. For example, one UNSC battlegroup might be carrying a LOT of boarding craft and a few Spartans, and their mission would be to close with the CAS and conduct a boarding assault. One Covenant battlegroup would be made up of CPV-class destroyers, and their job would be to deny a specific sector of the battlefield to enemy battlegroups. Some battlegroups would deploy on a specific board edge, some would come out of slipspace in their assigned sector (or would try to...we could add in the Firestorm Armada randomization roll...)

I could field all the ships for this scenario on both sides EXCEPT the Covenant CAS. I've pinged Quickdraw to see if he could loan me his.

Thoughts?

Dakkar:
The CAS and the Punic are the big dogs, right? That sounds pretty cool/awesome!

What day/time would you prefer for it? Sat AM through dinner is busiest time but also most likely to have folks in other events like 40K. Sat after 7, Sun, and Fri are the bigger open spots.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version