Author Topic: Brittany's  (Read 1477 times)

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
Brittany's
« on: November 22, 2012, 04:13:58 pm »
Some of the guys talk about meeting in a sports bar to play games of DW, and I'm really interested to see this one of these nights.  I hear about gamers in the U.K. playing in pubs, but I've never seen it here in the States.  I have actually met and played DW on conveniently 4x4 foot tables in a local bakery, and it works well for a Saturday afternoon game where I can drink coffee and the place is relatively deserted, but I can't quite imagine tabletop games (especially DW) in an American sports bar.  I've got to see it to believe it!

Andrewchristlieb

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Brittany's
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 09:57:23 pm »
Well that would be pretty brilliant really, could bring in some new players too. Might be a bit of a problem on really rowdy nights tho :P
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 10:17:10 am »
Hee hee, if you ever come down to visit we could try setting up at the Buffalo Wild Wings near my house. That would be a hoot!

don_mondo

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 08:39:18 am »
I'm one of those that play there. It's got pros and cons. No gaming stores in Woodbridge since the Hobbytown we were playing at closed (same shopping center as Brittanys), so it still gives us a local establishment. We have to bring in our own terrain, but we've been doing that for years anyways. Food and drinks available.
There are three rooms in the bar, all separated from each other by walls with doors to move from one to the other. Far right is the bar/restaurant, center is the pool table roon, and far left is the overflow room with booths and tables. We're in the far left room. It has it's own door to the outside so we don't have to pass through any of the other rooms to come and go. We do share it with the Texas Hold'em poker on Tuesday night, but still have room for about eight 4' x 6' games. They have 4' x 8' (usually used for the pool tables) plywood table toppers that we use to bridge the small dining tables to make playing space. Only real drawback is that we cannot buy gaming stuff on premises, but even there we're kinda making progress as a new store starting up over in Gainesville makes deliveries of any orders we place. Unfortunately, they cannot get DW (yet?).

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 06:42:26 am »
They have 4' x 8' (usually used for the pool tables) plywood table toppers that we use to bridge the small dining tables to make playing space. Only real drawback is that we cannot buy gaming stuff on premises, but even there we're kinda making progress as a new store starting up over in Gainesville makes deliveries of any orders we place. Unfortunately, they cannot get DW (yet?).

You actually have 4x8 table spaces for wargaming... in a restaurant!  That's awesome!