Author Topic: MBS Podcast Episode 27  (Read 1071 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
MBS Podcast Episode 27
« on: February 10, 2018, 07:00:50 pm »

Greetings! This month on the MBS Podcast, Greg and Andy tackle two great topics. The first is Ship Miniature Identification; how do you tell what ship is what and who it belongs to on the table? Later, our hosts discuss space combat in the Star Wars universe, and why it seems like Star Destroyers always seem to be exploding!

http://www.manbattlestations.com/blog/2018/02/10/episode-27/

Ryjak

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ops Center
Re: MBS Podcast Episode 27
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 01:47:50 pm »
It’s about time!  I mean, thanks for all the hard, unpaid work behind this Episode.

Covertwalrus

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 02:09:49 pm »

Good podcast this month, gentlemen!

My own need for identifying ships in Full Thrust is fulfilled by sticky labels on the bases of the stands of the starships on the boards, usually with a serial number and/or letter which is then written on the control sheet for the game. :) Works pretty well, and rather than have to have permanent identifiers follow a ship along it's career I can change them for different games.

Some excellent ideas discussed all through the 'cast, and I agree that a *certain* maneuver in a *certain* movie is going to be either a game-changer or it's a desperation move . . . . Hoping the latter because it opens some possibilities in plot that would upset the way that universe works story-wise.

voidstarsinger

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 02:52:20 pm »
Every ship I paint and play with has a prefix (eg UCMS for United colonies mankind ship) and a name and some times a class eg bc cc ca ff etc and number paint on the base. Never liked playing with un named ships dose not seem right some how
take this ship to where the fire is at its heaviest  that where we can make a difference

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 03:51:35 pm »
@Covertwalrus and Ryjack—thanks!

I like the idea of ships names on the bases! Would be a little more difficult for something like Dystopian Wars, as the ships are not on bases (although I’ve seen a few fleets where that’s been done). That tactic definitely lends itself to space combat games due to the flight stands.

Also, agreed on that maneuver...

@Riftsinger every ship? That’s some serious dedication!
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

voidstarsinger

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 10:20:10 am »
@Riftsinger every ship? That’s some serious dedication!
[/quote]

all of them hundreds at least cart say i ever repeated a name , but never with a fleet  with a fleet i owned at the time 
take this ship to where the fire is at its heaviest  that where we can make a difference