Poll

Which naval game are you most looking forward to playing in 2018?

Star Wars Armada
1 (5.9%)
X-Wing
0 (0%)
Star Trek Attack Wing
0 (0%)
Sails of Glory
0 (0%)
Dystopian Wars
3 (17.6%)
Firestorm Armada
4 (23.5%)
Halo Fleet Battles
0 (0%)
Dropzone Commander
2 (11.8%)
DeepWars
1 (5.9%)
Other (please post below and let us know!)
6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: January 04, 2018, 06:27:05 pm

Author Topic: MBS Monthly Poll #19  (Read 2892 times)

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
Re: MBS Monthly Poll #19
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2017, 03:56:24 pm »
I remember Landlubber playing some Battlestar Galatica games at Historicon a few years back. And I remember nearly buying some vipers at a booth in the vendor's hall. But now with a new computer game coming out based on BSG and realizing that I'm just not all that much of a Star Wars fan, I want to put together a BSG version of X-Wing. My big goal for 2018.

Oh, and also set up at least one big Age of Nelson game with customized fast-play rules and all the Sails of Glory models I bought at a steep discount in 2017.  ;)

Also, planning an even bigger Ships of Renown event at NOVA Open next September!

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2017, 04:04:38 pm »
I am hoping to play anything over the next year, but hopefully some Age of Sail stuff, as I get ready to playtest my Napoleonic rules I have been working  on.  Looking for volunteers....  8)

If they're fast to play, I'm looking for some fleet rules to use with my Sails of Glory ships! Sails of Glory is a great game with only a couple ships per player, but too unwieldy for big fleet battles.  ;)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2017, 09:06:33 pm »
I am hoping to play anything over the next year, but hopefully some Age of Sail stuff, as I get ready to playtest my Napoleonic rules I have been working  on.  Looking for volunteers....  8)

If they're fast to play, I'm looking for some fleet rules to use with my Sails of Glory ships! Sails of Glory is a great game with only a couple ships per player, but too unwieldy for big fleet battles.  ;)

Have you looked at Osprey’s “Fighting Sail” yet? 

Let me know when you do a play test...I might be able to make it up if it’s in Fredricksburg!

Ryjak

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Ops Center
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2018, 06:07:03 pm »
I’d really like to play Firestorm Armada, but since the closest FLGS where someone might play is over an hour away, and I have no idea if anyone is still playing, that’s probably not going to happen.

Easy E

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 112
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2018, 09:55:31 pm »

Have you looked at Osprey’s “Fighting Sail” yet? 

There might be a review located in the Historical Wargame section. :)

Let me know when you do a play test...I might be able to make it up if it’s in Fredricksburg!
Support Blood and Spectacles Publishing:
https://www.patreon.com/Bloodandspectaclespublishing