Naval Video Games > Naval Video Game Discussion

Battlestar Galactica Deadlock

(1/3) > >>

Captain Dan:
An interesting turn-based videogame in preview/beta about the first cylon war. I got surprised there is not a thread about this, so I decided to start one

Here is a video about the gameplay but there are many more in youtube. I have seen even images from the perspective of a viper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlJBteqNJPg

Cheers

Dan

Landlubber:
First I've heard of this--thanks for posting about it! Looks VERY cool. Unfortunately I have a Mac, so I'll have to wait until the Xbox One version comes out. Have you played it? If so, thoughts?

I like that they're focusing on the First Cylon War. While the story of the Galactica and the Ragtag Fleet is compelling, I think it works better as a TV show than as a game. Setting the game during the war before all that occurred is a good idea.

Still really wish we could get an official miniatures game for this IP, but I doubt that will ever happen.

Captain Dan:
Nope,I donĀ“t have it. I just watched it in youtube. I liked the game because is all about managing battlestars, repairing different sections of the ship, setting it defensively/offensively etc.. and in the end you get a "film" by watching a replay of the game :)

McKInstry:
Picked it up Friday and just getting into it but it is, so far, very cool with a very BSG feel to the game.

Landlubber:
So basically you plan out your turn, assigning actions to each ship, then you watch a "cutscene" in which your ships act out your orders--correct? When does the enemy activate--are "they" planning their turn while you plan yours?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version