Author Topic: DWVA AUTUMN EVENT 2012  (Read 9058 times)

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
Re: DWVA AUTUMN EVENT 2012
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2012, 04:40:08 pm »
Will post when im planning to be back in the Fredericksberg area if anyone would like a game, its gonna be a weekend since i work all week.

Weekends generally work well for me (except for the occasional weekend I work), and I would enjoy matching my Imperial Navy against the might of the British Navy on the DW battlefield.  I'll definitely post pictures.  Some of the NoVa players are getting cold feet about coming down because of a little storm blowing toward our region, but if nothing else we'll have half a dozen relatively new players learning the game system and having a good day of playing, etc.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 188
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2012, 01:35:16 pm »
Now that you mention the storm, I'm playing it by ear on that one. Right now, it looks like I will be fine though.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2012, 10:04:40 am »
Thanks for another great event, Aaron! Also, thanks to all the players that made it, it was fun playing with you!

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2012, 05:03:59 pm »
Thanks for making the trek up from Norfolk to participate, Ruckdog.  And, again, thanks to everyone who could make it; I understand many of those who didn't needed to prepare for the storm which is now sweeping through the region.

At the end of round 3, the Cerulean Team of Don and Aramis made a dramatic comeback from the 3rd ranking team to win the tournament overall with the most Campaign Points total!  And Ruckdog won the secret ballot voting for best painted fleet with more than 50% of the votes--again, we had several other Heroclix players in the store help us with the voting, and others with significant votes for fleets was Kevin with his KoB force and Jeff with his FSA.

I'm sorting through the pictures, and if the power continues I'll post a full report with photos on the blog here at ManBattlestations.com.

Edit:  Blog post here:  http://www.manbattlestations.com/blog/2012/10/30/dwva-autumn-event-2012/
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 05:58:04 am by MadDrB »

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2012, 08:14:19 pm »

MajorMcNicol

• Lieutenant
  • Regret #9
    • View Profile
    • Andy G. and Ian C.
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2012, 11:18:30 pm »
Great posts guys - wish I could have been there.  Thanks for the updates and I look forward to gaming next time!
http://andygomez.wordpress.com/
UPDATED Canons de Zibeline DW Merc Company rules: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_gsuBDmdvmLNFduUHRWMEtVbTA/view?usp=sharing

Check out my brother's novel on Amazon: Out From the Chasm by Keenan Cross

don_mondo

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2012, 01:17:15 pm »
Many thanks to Aaron for running the event and to Game Vault for hosting. looking forward to more such as time goes by.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2012, 05:21:45 pm »
Read the write-ups, sounds like you all had a blast.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama