Author Topic: 29 July Meet-Up  (Read 12878 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
29 July Meet-Up
« on: July 06, 2017, 07:33:28 pm »
It looks like the next date for a potential group meet is 29 July!

I'd be happy to host at my place, or we can try one of the stores. Thoughts?

ebelmont

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Re: 29 July Meet-Up
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 08:19:07 pm »
Andy where is your place? West Virginia?

Hey Everyone, how about we play the scenario planned for our original get together?

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 09:26:31 pm »
Andy where is your place? West Virginia?

Hey Everyone, how about we play the scenario planned for our original get together?

I'm in Woodbridge, VA actually 😉

Was this the scenario Mike put together?

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 10:12:39 pm »
Here is the plan as it stands!

Date: Saturday, 29 July

Start Time: Noon

Scenario: TBD. ebelmont has proposed using a scenario created by CDR-G:

[spoiler]
Scenario: One defender with a single mountain bunker defended by a mixed BW and HEC force.

Four attackers, two sets of allies. One player commands a covering force whose job it is to engaged the other attackers and one force that is focused on attacking the defender.

The defender only gets nine activations just like both side but of course will likely face 18 activations against it.

The attacker must take and hold the Mountain tower/bunker which will be impossible to destroyed but fairly straightforward to make defenses. The Defender will get reinforcements and will be the only one to allowed flanking movement. Any off board units will be limited from coming on-board if the defender has nine activations currently in play. the defender’s MFV will be 1275, Attackers will have 1025 each.

The Defender and each player will be fighting each other to take , or take back the tower. Two independent attacking forces are attempting to assault an island base and airfield complex.

Counterforce --attacking the other team of two: to stop them from from claiming the tower. They earn VPs by scrapping/prizing models.
Assault force -- attack me and prize the tower. Each full turn held earns VP. Current guess is 200 points for attacker, 100 points for me.- these should be hard to get. I will be getting a lead with this but I will also not be on board completely and will have two powers attacking me. I expect to get crushed but have fun doing it. The tower will be tough

Mountain Tower stats Remember this thing has to stand up to 2000 appoints attacking it
Made of three parts but activate as one squadron
1 The mountain, indestructible and inert- not a factor in the game.
2 Mountain Top Bunker
3 Cave Airfield
PV 160 pts
Mountain Top Bunker- No AP, cannot be boarded.
AA 8
CC 0
Redoutable
Rugged Construction 2
Close Quarters Gunnery —but blocked between 0” to 4” on the surface level. The turret is blocked by the mountain
High Angle
HP 10 DR 7 CR12
(1) Bunker Turret 13/11/9/6, Devastating Ordnance, 360 Arc
External Dilation Generator (8”)

Cave Airfield
4 AA, 4 CC, 10 AP Stoic, Specialized Defenses (2)
HP 9 DR 7 CR 9
Carrier (10) 2 x 4 SAS, 2 Aces
Rugged Construction 2
Redoutable (AA)
Security Posts (3)
Specialized defenses (2)—Note Bunker Top AA can link with airfield  AA
Optional if players agree- Internal Lazarus Generator- Just for fun and a destroyed airfield is worth zero VP

The bunker stats are independent of the airfield. Occupying the airfield prizes the bunker
[/spoiler]

If that doesn't work for everyone, we can do more standard scenarios. I can support two full 4x6 gaming tables, so there should be plenty of gaming space available!

If you can make it, please RSVP below!

CDR-G

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 07:28:33 am »
Ebelmont (Erik), I have discussed several scenarios- can you give me  a  it more on the one you are referring to? And in which thread?
I plan to attend.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 07:33:23 am by CDR-G »

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 06:26:28 pm »
Ebelmont (Erik), I have discussed several scenarios- can you give me  a  it more on the one you are referring to? And in which thread?
I plan to attend.

The details of the scenario are posted above, in the Spoiler tag. Click on it to see. I basically copied and pasted it from the email thread (it's the 5 player one you proposed with the island).

ebelmont

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 12:41:10 pm »
I can't see it but i'm basically up for whatever.
Does it include a points recommendation?
If not i'd suggest keeping points low.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2017, 06:32:29 pm »
I can't see it but i'm basically up for whatever.
Does it include a points recommendation?
If not i'd suggest keeping points low.

Sorry, not sure why you guys are having problems with the Spoiler tag. I was hoping to avoid this, as it's a "wall of text," but here is the old scenario:

Scenario: One defender with a single mountain bunker defended by a mixed BW and HEC force.

Four attackers, two sets of allies. One player commands a covering force whose job it is to engaged the other attackers and one force that is focused on attacking the defender.

The defender only gets nine activations just like both side but of course will likely face 18 activations against it.

The attacker must take and hold the Mountain tower/bunker which will be impossible to destroyed but fairly straightforward to make defenses. The Defender will get reinforcements and will be the only one to allowed flanking movement. Any off board units will be limited from coming on-board if the defender has nine activations currently in play. the defender’s MFV will be 1275, Attackers will have 1025 each.

The Defender and each player will be fighting each other to take , or take back the tower. Two independent attacking forces are attempting to assault an island base and airfield complex.

Counterforce --attacking the other team of two: to stop them from from claiming the tower. They earn VPs by scrapping/prizing models.
Assault force -- attack me and prize the tower. Each full turn held earns VP. Current guess is 200 points for attacker, 100 points for me.- these should be hard to get. I will be getting a lead with this but I will also not be on board completely and will have two powers attacking me. I expect to get crushed but have fun doing it. The tower will be tough

Mountain Tower stats Remember this thing has to stand up to 2000 appoints attacking it
Made of three parts but activate as one squadron
1 The mountain, indestructible and inert- not a factor in the game.
2 Mountain Top Bunker
3 Cave Airfield
PV 160 pts
Mountain Top Bunker- No AP, cannot be boarded.
AA 8
CC 0
Redoutable
Rugged Construction 2
Close Quarters Gunnery —but blocked between 0” to 4” on the surface level. The turret is blocked by the mountain
High Angle
HP 10 DR 7 CR12
(1) Bunker Turret 13/11/9/6, Devastating Ordnance, 360 Arc
External Dilation Generator (8”)

Cave Airfield
4 AA, 4 CC, 10 AP Stoic, Specialized Defenses (2)
HP 9 DR 7 CR 9
Carrier (10) 2 x 4 SAS, 2 Aces
Rugged Construction 2
Redoutable (AA)
Security Posts (3)
Specialized defenses (2)—Note Bunker Top AA can link with airfield  AA
Optional if players agree- Internal Lazarus Generator- Just for fun and a destroyed airfield is worth zero VP

The bunker stats are independent of the airfield. Occupying the airfield prizes the bunker

As an alternative, We could try the Ice Maiden scenarios that Mike has.

ebelmont

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2017, 07:04:34 pm »
Would people be alright with doing a different scenario?
I've done this one and am kinda ready to try something different.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2017, 07:54:36 pm »
I'd definitely be up for using different scenarios! CDR G showed me some of the Ice Maiden scenarios, and they look pretty awesome.

Bogo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2017, 04:01:14 pm »
I agree with Erik.  As much as that mountain-assault scenario is fun, it seems like we just played it.  I would definitely be up for something different.

CDR-G

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2017, 07:34:57 am »
I agree as well. A different scenario. Modifying the Ice maiden scenarios, stealing the scenario goals and mechanics seems cool. I can send the same scans to others as desired there are four scenarios. I also have the Coriscan Incident scenarios, which are available online.
We are tentatively six, so we should be flexible as games planed. six is too much for one game, too much waiting for the the other players. would people be interested in three games of two or two games of three? Possibly the same scenario?

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2017, 10:34:41 pm »
If we have 6, I can manage a 3rd gaming table in a pinch! It will be a bit smaller (4x4) instead of the usual 4x6.

As for points, what where you all feeling? I was thinking maybe 900 points, naval core.

Bogo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2017, 10:09:34 am »
I may be a little late on Saturday.  I have a vet appointment from 10-11.  I'll shoot for a 12:30 arrival.

900 Naval Core sounds good.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 11:51:43 am by Bogo »

ebelmont

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2017, 11:41:32 am »
How many people do we have at this point?
Is it five?

900 sounds good. Could we do a 4.5 hour hard stop?
I could play DW forever but have something later afternoon/early evening.