Author Topic: DW 2.5 Campaign Organization Thread  (Read 2063 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
DW 2.5 Campaign Organization Thread
« on: June 03, 2017, 09:37:36 am »
Gents, reading the new DW 2.5 rulebook has me really excited about running a regional DW campaign in the MD-DC-VA area. What I really like about the system is that we can resolve a battle using a single die roll instead of playing a full game, in the event that we do not have the time to do so. I also really like the map-based nature of the system.

Anyway, the point of this thread is to start trying to gauge interested and begin figuring out logistical details of how, when, and where we would play the game.

CDR-G

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 5
    • View Profile
Re: DW 2.5 Campaign Organization Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 07:16:37 am »
I am, interested. Based on the one in the rules?

Creon

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 09:57:03 pm »
I, as always, love the idea of a campaign. 

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 07:32:32 am »
I am, interested. Based on the one in the rules?

Yep! That's what I was thinking. There is quite a bit to discuss regarding the setup for a campaign using the 2.5 Flashpoint system. Here are some of the big ones from my reading of them:

1. Campaign Location: the example in the book shows the west coast of Africa, but I'd be happy to come up with a map for a different region of the world. Spartan will theoretically release other maps, but with the way Spartan releases PDFs and downloadable content, who knows when they will be available!

2. Online vs. in Person coordination: Right now I'm leaning towards maintaining the map electronically here on the forums, but there could be benefits to maintaining a paper plot, especially if we are able to get the group together frequently.

3. Meeting frequency: The way these rules are built, it seems like it would be best to get everyone together at the same time to play through a full campaign turn at once. We could do our individual turns, play through the games we want, auto-resolve the ones we don't, and finish up the clean-up phase before adjourning.