Author Topic: 24 June Meet-Up  (Read 1844 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
24 June Meet-Up
« on: June 03, 2017, 09:34:52 am »
Hi all! I'm interested in trying to get together on the 24 of June to roll some DW 2.5. Anyone else interested?

I'm flexible as far as venue is concerned. I'm willing to host at my place, or travel to E&E, Huzzah, Game Vault, Guild Gaming (a relatively new store here in Woodbrige, about two miles from my house) or any other spot someone would like to propose.

Creon

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Re: 24 June Meet-Up
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 10:11:43 am »
You know I'm in for some E and E.

CDR-G

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 12:08:37 am »
So Bogo is organizing an event at his place on the 24th. 4-5 people. An all Aerial battle  with two sides conducting close air support to respective land forces. Two players on each side Aerial attacking Armor. His Armor I assume.
Not sure about attacking the enemy air, But I assume that's intended.
If four,  I suspect a replay of the Polish air force with a PE ally(?) Or two PE Aerials against two FSA forces and Bogo playing the ground units.  All Aerial forces at 635 MFV each.
Ruck are you in?

Meanwhile the Orbats are likely to available, but just so. That may make playing 2.5 easier if we can get to them in enough time. Also its possible some of the Kick Starter stuff will come in. That won't change an Aerial force composition much. I also took a plunge and bought 100 GPB worth stuff on Spartan's 20% off weekend so it ended up about 1 to 1 after exchange rate and free shipping. Plugged some holes and got some PE that were not in box sets.

Creon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 09:07:27 pm »
My Prussians will be ready. 

CDR-G

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 5
    • View Profile
Re: 24 June Meet-Up 25 June?
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 12:14:05 am »
Andy I hear the 24th is out for you. I made a proposal to Erik that we play a game on the 24th at the new game store, "My Hobby Place" in Fredericksburg. The Game Vault is gone. The location has a game store which I nor any of my gaming friends will patronize.
I can go into why separately.
Its close to the old GV location, overall easier to get to and a better space. They are looking to appeal to local gamers, including mixtures gamers. It is an opportunity to show off DW in Fredericksburg. Getting to F-burg form the North on I-95 on Sunday is a hugely different experience than Saturday. I can't say about going on Sunday evening.

Anyway I suspect that Erik will find it too far. I suspect anything on a birthday weekend for your family is a forlorn hope, but though I would mention it.
Having played a game on that Saturday, the only way I could do a DW game the following Sunday would be to do it at the local game store in Fredericksburg, since we will be there anyway.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 07:34:37 am »
Yeah, we will have to play it by ear. I saw the new game store announcement of FB; I'd be interested in getting the full story on the GV  from you the next time we meet ;)

Bogo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 02:11:23 pm »
Due to illness, I will be unable to host tomorrow's DW event.  I am very sorry.