Author Topic: DWVA CLUB MEMBERSHIP  (Read 6968 times)

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
DWVA CLUB MEMBERSHIP
« on: June 04, 2012, 09:00:01 pm »
All right, I've been thinking about using this forum to actually pull the group together to plan and enjoy even better events in the future.  I've been thinking of the concept of collecting dues for membership and then using money for special events, etc.  But I don't want to spend my time collecting dues and managing funds.  We have some very talented and creative players in our region, and I would like to build on these talents.

So, for the sake of collecting contact information all in one place, I want to create a "membership" list here with screen name (indicate if you're comfortable using your real first name online here), favored faction (and second faction, if necessary), general location, and any responsibilities and titles you're willing to assume.  Don't include phone number or address, but a link to your profile with the PM option would be helpful.  Post a reply below and I'll copy and paste into the top box and pin to the board.  I want to keep everyone's exposure to spammers and the like to a minimum, but it would be helpful to have a list of active members.  Keep in mind that new or interested players may see this thread with an interest in contacting someone for a game, so indicate if you're willing to run demo games, etc.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 09:13:20 pm by MadDrB »

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
Re: DWVA CLUB MEMBERSHIP
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 09:00:40 pm »
Brief member list (scroll down for contact info):

Aaron "MadDrB" ~ Empire of the Blazing Sun ~ Culpeper
Contact me for a demo game.  Maddrb@yahoo.com

Greg "Landlubber" ~ Federated States of America ~ Woodbridge

Jack "Orangetom" ~ Empire of the Blazing Sun ~ Fredericksburg

Dave "PhineusPhule" ~ Republique of France ~ Richmond

Brian "Cave Johnson" ~ Republique of France ~ Bealeton

Kyle ~ Covenant of Antarctica ~ Culpeper

"A Musketeer" ~ Federated States of America ~ Lakeridge

"RandomBrit" ~ Kingdom of Britannia ~ Norfolk

"Don Mondo" ~ Empire of the Blazing Sun ~ Woodbridge

"Fracas" ~Empire of the Blazing Sun ~ Richmond
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 07:39:24 pm by Ruckdog »

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 06:22:26 pm »
Greg "Landlubber" ~ Federated States of America ~ I live in Woodbridge, and I play at the Eagle and Empire store in Alexandria on Friday nights (when I can) and the Game Vault in Fredericksburg on Sunday mornings (when I can) ~ I'm willing to help out with logistics for tournaments, and am currently cooking up some ideas for certificates for the winners of the next DWVA tournament ~ send me a PM on this forum if you want to play, or drop a note in the "Find a Game" thread if you plan on being at either of the aforementioned game stores when I'm there; am willing to run demo games.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

orangetom

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 06:30:29 pm »
Jack "Orangetom"~ Empire of the Blazing Sun~ Fredericksburg, and with our living arrangement changing in the next month or so, we might be living closer to the gamevault, so me and billy (my roommate, and guy who plays FSA, and RoF) are thinkging of working on those tables, they have the 4x4 ones with the water on one side, and land on the other, thinking of making some more to have and use at future tournaments, for just the asthetics, again, it's a thought process!

Cave Johnson

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 07:50:32 pm »
Brian Henderson (username Cave Johnson), primarily playing Republique of France (though I might play Covenant of Antarctica from time to time).  I live in Bealeton, which is just south of Warrenton.  Don't really know how I could be of use just yet......

PhineusPhule

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 01:44:36 am »
Dave Mitchell (user name PhineusPhule)-currently amassing my Republique of France fleet but I have complete Kingdom of Britannia land ,sea, & air forces. Located in Richmond. Willing to help with tournaments, can offer limited prize support help. Have a friend who works in a print shop and has printed for me vinyl stickers of all the DW factions (4"x6"). Would like to offer some of these as "best of faction" prize support down the road.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 06:09:51 pm »
Hey guys! Most of you know me, but for those that don't, my name is Andy. I am sort of the "once and future" DWVA member, as I have been in Connecticut all summer for school, but I'll be back in Norfolk in October. I currently have FSA and PE forces, and I'm also working on a French force as well. As Aaron well knows, I'm only too happy to help with tournaments and the like ;).

RandomBrit

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 08:30:18 pm »
Hello, I'm randomBrit on the forums, real name Nate used to play at the vault but have been otherwise engaged but its lookin like i'll be stationed back in VA at Norfolk so i'll be happy to help out when i can, have a KoB fleet and small Prussian fleet currently.

FSA Musketeer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 05:55:59 pm »
Howdy, A Musketeer, just starting FSA. I'm in the Lakeridge area.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 09:25:24 pm »
Welcome aboard Musketeer.  A couple of us play Dystopian Wars at the Eagle and Empire game store in Alexandria (http://www.eagleandempire.net/).  Friday night is typically DW night, but other times might also work.  There are also some players in Fredericksburg at the Game Vault (http://www.thegamevault.net/).  I think there are also some DW players who meet on Tuesday nights at Brittney's Sports Bar in the Dillingham Square shopping center in Lakeridge (on Old Bridge Road); these guys are part of the Iron Fist League, one of the local 40k clubs.  i've not played with them.  Keep an eye on these boards for events and people looking for games.  My schedule is somewhat flexible right now, so if you want to meet up for a game let me know.  I'll be at Eagle and Empire on Tuesday night (2 Oct) around 6 to play DW with another player--come join us if you can!
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

MajorMcNicol

• Lieutenant
  • Regret #9
    • View Profile
    • Andy G. and Ian C.
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2012, 10:40:58 pm »
Hey, Ian ("MajorMcNicol") here.  I just joined up - and I've just recently been getting into Dystopian Wars.  I have about 500 points of painted Russian Coalition (Naval) and am looking to expand into Canadian ground forces when released (and grow the Russian fleet, too). 

I am living in Williamsburg, a bit away from Fredericksburg, but I'm hoping to make it up there sometime.

I blog at http://andygomez.wordpress.com/ and I just posted about a Dystopian Wars gaming table I made.  Here are all my Dystopian Wars entries/pictures so far:

http://andygomez.wordpress.com/category/dystopian-wars/

Glad to be on-board!
http://andygomez.wordpress.com/
UPDATED Canons de Zibeline DW Merc Company rules: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_gsuBDmdvmLNFduUHRWMEtVbTA/view?usp=sharing

Check out my brother's novel on Amazon: Out From the Chasm by Keenan Cross

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2012, 11:45:55 pm »
Hey Ian! Glad to have you. Myself and Random Brit are both going to be based out of Norfolk, so hopefully we will be able to meet up some time!

don_mondo

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2012, 09:25:22 am »
Don Morris, aka don_mondo both here and on the SpartanGames community forums. I'm in Woodbridge and I am one of those IFL (www.ironfistleague.com) guys that play at Brittanys Sports Bar on Tuesday nights. Most of the group plays 40K, but we're branching out. So far there are about 5 or 6 of us learning DW. I'm building a Blazing Sun fleet and have starter sets plus a few models for KoB and CoA. Former GW Outrider so I learned long ago to have a second 'army' so you could teach (hook) people that don't have anything how to play.

Fracas

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 33
    • View Profile
    • Warmancer
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2013, 03:33:03 pm »
I am in Richmond with EotBS
We play every first Thursday at FTW
1 French, 1 CoA, 1 Prussian, 1 Russian
Firestorm: Aquan, Directorate, Retholza, Hawker (FsA)/ Terran (FsPf), RSN (FsA)/ Dindrenzi (FsPf)
DW: EotBS, FSA, PLC.
Warmaster: Kislev, Khemri, Dwarves,
BFG: Pacification Fleet (IN), Tau Expeditionary (SG), Battlefleet (Chaos), Kher-Ys Corsairs, Crusade Fleet (IN),
LotR: Khand, Gondor, Mordor

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2013, 07:39:45 pm »
Updated! Welcome to our little group  8)