Author Topic: Full Thrust  (Read 4819 times)

Covertwalrus

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 90
    • View Profile
Re: Full Thrust
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2018, 04:11:11 pm »
Plotting course and velocity each turn made me feel more “in-tune” with my ships, if that makes sense.

Absolutely understand your meaning there, Landlubber - It's a part of what makes FT so engaging, though it certainly limits most players to squadron-sized fleets :)

Would definitely like to play more, although my brain has an issue with running ships from another IP using the FT rules. Might not be too bad if used my RSN ships from Firestorm Armada, but I don’t think I could use my Halo ships.

That's interesting, as FT whole it has a solid support range of "official" miniatures from at least two companies, it really lends itself to a 'make your own fleet' approach. Still, different strokes as they say. Long as you enjoy the game :)

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2018, 06:21:59 pm »
It's a part of what makes FT so engaging, though it certainly limits most players to squadron-sized fleets :)

I recall this from back when I had a way-too-big NSL fleet, that they needed a way to plot bigger formations.

Other than that, I always enjoyed the game  - just wished for more "business minded" support like a proper retailed game, and some balance issues fixed (looks at Kra'Vak).

I checked out the Light Rules, and while they seem an improvement, I didn't see a link to where the Light-style fleet lists might be. Anyone know if that exists?
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

Covertwalrus

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 90
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2018, 08:49:37 pm »

( Bit of a necromancy thread revival here :) )

I didn't see a link to where the Light-style fleet lists might be. Anyone know if that exists?

AFAIK there is no list for Light; It's meant to be a very simple introduction to the game so players are expected to move onto the full FT after the master the basics, so to speak. :)

On a happy note, it seems likely that FT will be played again in my neck of the woods soon - interest in reviving old fleets as a change from other "games of the moment" has begun, so expect the occasional AAR from me :)