Community > DWCO

GenghisCon 2016

(1/2) > >>

markymark1970:
I located the schedule: https://store.mstbgaming.com/ViewReportExternal.aspx?ShowCode=Ghengis2016&ReportNumber=1

Looks like there are two sessions of Uncharted Seas and one of Battlefleet Gothic!

Is anyone interested in getting some DW/FA events together?  Or PF/Halo as well?

Dakkar:
I submitted to run some Firestorm and Planetfall events, but they wouldn't schedule them until I registered. So I bought a Saturday ticket despite not knowing my schedule, just so I could register them.

So the events SHOULD appear soon. If they don't, I'll have a bone to pick.

Stephan:
I never received a response to my e-mails about the event I tried to set up.  Seems like their process could use improvement.

Dakkar:
Yeah, if this screws up and I bought a $20 ticket for nothing, Genghis and I are done for good.

Landlubber:
Dale, I just checked and didn't see them.

Mike Garland sent out a long email today explaining that he can't run miniatures at Genghis anymore due to other commitments. He's looking for a replacement.

The Genghis website says Gamer's Haven is "sponsoring" the miniatures games at the con. I don't know what this means, although Rob and Ed have approached me about running demos for Halo and Dystopian Wars. The Genghis site (http://www.genghiscondenver.com/home.html) says a Thurs-Sun badge is $32, and a one-day badge is $20. I likely will not sign up to play anything, but I'll talk to the Haven staff and see if I have to register to run demos.

I like to game and I like to support the hobby, but $20 is a pretty steep price for me to pay just to schlep my stuff to the con, set it up, and hope that someone is interested. And I doubt anyone WILL be interested, because it seems to me that 95% of the attendees are board or RPG players. If this was a larger con with more going on, that would be a different story, but there just isn't enough there to hold my interest.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version