Modeling > The Showcase

Battle of the Denmark Strait.

(1/2) > >>

Camthalion:
Here are another set of my 1/2400 scale ships.  Those present at the battle of Denmark Strait. Second pic has a 1/72 scale figure which I used to show size at the time.
Mixture of GHQ and Panzerschiffe
Front row  Norfolk, Suffolk, the destroyers Electra, Echo, Achates, Anthony, Antelope and Icarus and the Prinz Eugen.  Second row Prince of Wales, Bismarck and Hood.

Prince of Wales (in her Pacific camo I know, but it'll have to do)

Hood

The heavy cruisers Suffolk and Norfolk

And the destroyers, these didn't do too much as the heavy sea state meant they couldn't keep up.

And Bismarck and Prinz Eugen

Geoff

treadhead1944:
Please tell me you have the Ark Royal...

Ruckdog:
These look very nice too! I find it impressive that you are collecting the OOB for specific engagements; that is something I have yet to delve into.

Camthalion:
Thanks fellas

--- Quote from: treadhead1944 on May 01, 2012, 07:29:12 pm ---Please tell me you have the Ark Royal...

--- End quote ---
Indeed I do.  She was one of my first Panzerschiffe ships.

--- Quote from: Ruckdog on May 01, 2012, 08:45:24 pm ---These look very nice too! I find it impressive that you are collecting the OOB for specific engagements; that is something I have yet to delve into.

--- End quote ---

I figured that collecting specific battles would be easiest, that way I would be able to game, as the collection grew.  I've stuck with the concept fairly well, except for particular ships that I really wanted and spares, extra destroyers from the GHQ packs for instance.

Geoff

Saratoga61:
Great idea buying OOB style. Plus you get everything finished up to fight with! I admire your discipline! I have a horrible habit of buying stuff with the best of intentions and then not getting them painted for eons!

Do you add additional details to the Panzerschiffe stuff?

Again, your ships looks awesome!

Gary

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version