Modeling > The Showcase

US and Soviet fleets

(1/2) > >>

Camthalion:
Thought I'd post up some pics of my US carrier battle group and Soviet fleet.  All are 1/2400 GHQ,  Currently have another Soviet destroyer on the slips.  They are just ment to be a couple of generic fleets for Shipwreck.

Geoff

treadhead1944:
Very nice. Are they all one piece?

Camthalion:

--- Quote from: treadhead1944 on April 30, 2012, 06:46:07 am ---Very nice. Are they all one piece?

--- End quote ---
Thanks
The subs are one piece as are destroyers and smaller for WW2 and WW1.  With the moderns Destroyers and such are kits like the larger ships.
Here is a pic of HMNZS Achilles light cruiser from WW2 in pieces to show the kit.

And here is my USS Hornet with a ruler to show general size.  I usually use coins for size, but I don't know of others are familiar with Australian coins.

Geoff

treadhead1944:
Tiny buggers aren't they?

Ruckdog:
Very, very nice! Did you free hand the markings on the Nimitz's flight deck, or are they decals? Also, do you actually use these as gaming pieces, or are they just for display?

--- Quote from: treadhead1944 on April 30, 2012, 10:48:10 am ---Tiny buggers aren't they?

--- End quote ---

Oh, yes they are! Here is a pic of my 1:2400 scale USS Indiana next to a penny:

Though small, there is an incredible amount of detail in GHQ's minis. They are a bit pricy and delicate, though, which is why you almost always see them based; that way, you don't have to handle the mini directly and risk damaging it ;).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version