Author Topic: The Great V2.0 Thread!  (Read 3939 times)

Creon

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Re: The Great V2.0 Thread!
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2014, 09:47:28 am »
I think it just fills up that bucket.  It's considered non-core even if it's naval.  For example, in a 1000 point list, you can spend up to 400 in the "non-core" category. This would be all of your aerial and land and allied models (of any type). So if you have a 170 point aerial squadron, you could only have 230 points of Allied Naval, Air, and/or land forces. 

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2014, 12:45:32 am »
So if my CF core force was naval, I could run up to 40% of my MFV as allied naval models?  This makes more sense, but seems to go contrary to the rule, which says non-core.  I get the numbers and percentages--it's the model types that I'm a little confused about.

I do like, though, that they've changed the requirement to at least one capital and one non-capital squadron.  In 1.1, I think it was one Large and one Small squadron. So now, I could run light and heavy cruisers if I wanted to.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Creon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2014, 03:51:58 pm »
I read it that it is classified non-core no matter what type of ship it is. So yes, I read it as you could take light and heavy cruisers with a main naval fleet.

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2014, 07:49:27 pm »
I often like to mix my fleets as well, so gave this rule a look. Yeah, it's out of the 40% allocated for "extra" units. Least that's my interpretation of what it says in the rules.
"Without destruction there can be no creation"

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2014, 10:05:13 pm »
Ok...thanks! I'll take a look at how I can plus-up my Chinese fleet.

Stephan

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2015, 01:26:26 pm »
With us getting back into DW for the monthly sessions, I thought I'd bring this thread back up to the top. 

I was looking through the Counter-Attack rules and it is now 4", not 8"!  That's huge for flyers who want to get into RB1 without getting chewed up by AckAck before making their attack run. 

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2015, 12:45:43 am »
Got a question for you Prussian players regarding your Tesla weaponry. I was playing against a Prussian fleet tonight and scored a Weapons Damage crit on my opponent's dreadnought.

All Tesla weaponry has the Redoubtable MAR, according to the main rule book. I understand this.

But how does the Weapons Damage critical effect relate to Tesla weapons? Weapons Damage cuts all primary and secondary weapons' attack dice in half. So all of his main guns were affected, as well as his Tesla broadsides, since those are all primary and secondary weapons. Since the "damage" to the guns didn't come from HP loss (he only lost one HP; the crit effect was scored by my French cruisers using Piercing Munitions), we decided that the Redoubtable MAR wouldn't come into effect, and that the Tesla broadsides would in fact have their attack dice halved.

Did we do this correctly?

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2015, 03:06:47 am »
That's how I would have played it. Redoubtable specifically applies to AD reduction due to damage, not critical effects.

Stephan

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2015, 12:46:13 pm »
Yes, that's how it should be played.  Just remember that some Prussian ships have Tesla weapons listed as Tertiary.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2015, 01:19:28 pm »
Thanks for the confirmation!

Yeah, we took that into account. I think the only Tertiary Tesla weapon on the Prussian dreadnought is the forward-facing Tesla, and we didn't halve the attack dice for that weapon.