Author Topic: FSA New Aerial Box  (Read 8597 times)

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Re: FSA New Aerial Box
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2015, 06:17:37 am »
Picked up the FSA box, as I'm addicted. Then also grabbed the KOB bombers to help with the subs. The Halifax looks to be a monster with the stat lines they gave it. Hopefully it works as a nice compliment to the heavy sub based naval core.

Here's the first WIP pic
"Without destruction there can be no creation"

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2015, 09:45:50 am »
That is a massive flying model! I might have to invest in a couple of these boxes myself.

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2015, 10:50:25 am »
Yeah they are definitely hefty models. Yet are extremely light as the are made from resin.

MajorMcNicol

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • Regret #9
    • View Profile
    • Andy G. and Ian C.
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2015, 02:56:07 pm »
Last Rites, I look forward to seeing more pics!
http://andygomez.wordpress.com/
UPDATED Canons de Zibeline DW Merc Company rules: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_gsuBDmdvmLNFduUHRWMEtVbTA/view?usp=sharing

Check out my brother's novel on Amazon: Out From the Chasm by Keenan Cross

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2015, 12:20:19 am »
I started looking at the stats for these guys today...pretty interesting! Looks like they are essentially "flying battlecruisers" in the sense that they are Medium Capital, have 6 HP, and have a squadron limit of 1. Hmmm...this has my gears turning on doing a comparative stats article on them 😎.

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2015, 08:42:09 am »
This model truly is a Battlecruiser, Ruck. The shield (2) and Devastating Munitions are add ons to what is already a great stat sheet. I half expect this model to get retooled by Spartan a little later down the line.

Very much looking forward to running the FSA HVY bomber along with the PYB's or A-3's in a future game, as i'm quite curious on how well they will work in unison. The synergy with the rest of the FSA Air really seems to be there, but time will really tell. I also like that there is expert spotter on this behemoth. Perhaps this is turning into a FSA unofficial MAR? Would make sense with all the guns and the new bombard.

Haven't seen much on the rest of the HVY Bombers besides the Italian Hasta...which seems to be the weakest at the moment.

Last Rites, I look forward to seeing more pics!

I'm really getting excited to painting these up! Sadly, the month of May is ALWAYS a busy one, so will see what progress can get done.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2015, 12:08:48 am »
Here are some pics of the new FSA heavy bomber (didn't take any pics of the new heavy destroyer that also comes in the bombardment box):

They kept the gull-wing design that the Avion strike bomber also has, which makes me happy:

The rockets are Piercing Munitions, which is nice, and it can fire 14 of them at RB3.

These new bombers look REALLY cool on the table. I deployed them in a 2000-point slugging match against Stephan's Prussians over the weekend. Unfortunately they came in as a flanking force that was too far out of position to help my commodore, but they still looked cool.

Can't wait to start painting them, but I have a couple other projects in the queue ahead of them right now...
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2015, 08:22:02 am »
Agreed on the gull wings! Very distinct and cool looking. In your game did you run them alone or with another unit in the Flanking Force? I have only fielded the Halifax, but am very much looking forward to using the B-72's in the next bout. Very interested to see what scheme you come up with for these, as the rest of your air power looks phenomenal! Been tossing round the idea of doing mine up like this: http://img.wp.scn.ru/camms/ar/550/pics/9_7.jpg

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2015, 11:48:09 am »
I ran both B-72s in the flanking force, along with a squadron of the Avions and a squadron of corvettes. I just screwed up and picked the wrong side of the board for deployment--the enemy formations were just too far away for me to engage with anything but rockets.

Thanks for the vote of confidence! For my FSA, I'm trying to develop a good steampunk-ish paint scheme. The ships are painted as bare metal and wood, so the non-blimp fliers will probably be mostly metallic colors (as opposed to my French, which are camouflaged). I think the scheme in that illustration would be great for your Halifax bombers, make sure to post up some pictures when they're done!
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Stephan

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2015, 11:49:57 pm »
Even firing only rockets they were giving my Imperium hell, and would have killed it if not for that TAC card.

MajorMcNicol

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • Regret #9
    • View Profile
    • Andy G. and Ian C.
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2015, 12:09:54 am »
Thanks for those comparison pics!  Their size is really noteworthy!
http://andygomez.wordpress.com/
UPDATED Canons de Zibeline DW Merc Company rules: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_gsuBDmdvmLNFduUHRWMEtVbTA/view?usp=sharing

Check out my brother's novel on Amazon: Out From the Chasm by Keenan Cross