Author Topic: Couple of new models leaked on to facebook  (Read 2985 times)

RuleBritannia

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 32
    • View Profile
Couple of new models leaked on to facebook
« on: April 19, 2018, 03:38:13 am »
So we have what looks like an updated Magenta 

And an updated KoB Small flier, probably for Armoured Clash

So the Magenta doesn't look too bad an update beyond the usual sigil spam on the frontage and below the bridge, and the weird bridge spike.  The plane has a problem of a confused identity, with the steampunk Chassis combined with Spitfire wings rather than the biplane wings, making it look a bit mixed up, and rather dieselpunk for a steampunk setting. 

Covertwalrus

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 90
    • View Profile
Re: Couple of new models leaked on to facebook
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 06:53:06 am »

Saw these on FB and I have to say first off, I am not entirely unhappy with the direction Warcradle are heading.

The French ship is rather nice, although the bridge change to a Montmatre-style rather than the flying bridge is a bit jarring, overall it's a decent style and does fit in with the originals. All that "gingerbread" on the hulls seems to be a follow on to the Magnate and other later Spartan designs, and to me, it's somewhat unnecessary on most factions ( The League Of Crimson have a great reason or two for such frippery, but leave that aside ).

I have to disagree with RuleBritannia in the main on the British flier here; The lower wing modded to include undercarriage and the bulk of weapons is rather clever, and the other visual nods are not badly done. That turret, though . . .  Mind you, not shared here is the Prussian Fighter which is basically the same as it's tiny flier counterpart in DW but with the fuselage of an FW-190 and steampunk details, it really does work. :) The Russian flier looks like a Mig15/Me-262 hybrid with no air intakes, and frankly strikes me as looking unfinished - and as Stuart kinda indicated these were just early sketches, I'm confident sanity will come through.  :D However, as I said at the beginning, there is clearly some attempt to maintain the style from the originals, and its looking pretty good.

RuleBritannia

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 07:07:08 am »
It does seem a real pity everybody has moved to frippery (great use of the term) that made both certain factions like the League of Crimson and the Italian states stand out, and reduces the sense of massed produced Steampunk Armadas.  I've heard all the arguments about everybody only has about 5 boats and need to make them special, and it's a fantasy game, stop worrying etc. but I don't agree.  It's nice to have a grounding in a sense that these warmachines not pleasure cruisers, and it is pretty irritating to have a factions logo everywhere if you intend to do an allied fleet with these models as lend lease.  Do you cover up the frippery, remould it, try and scrape it off, or wait for the appropriate subfaction fripperied version? 

As to Covert's very interesting take on the planes, love to see the other two shared as I haven't been to see them yet.  No idea why WC continues to hide it's light under a bushel with all this design work that tends to build up excitement.

Fracas

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 33
    • View Profile
    • Warmancer
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 11:33:29 pm »
I don’t care for the art nouveau lines on the French ship.

I am good with the KoB tiny/small flyer.
Firestorm: Aquan, Directorate, Retholza, Hawker (FsA)/ Terran (FsPf), RSN (FsA)/ Dindrenzi (FsPf)
DW: EotBS, FSA, PLC.
Warmaster: Kislev, Khemri, Dwarves,
BFG: Pacification Fleet (IN), Tau Expeditionary (SG), Battlefleet (Chaos), Kher-Ys Corsairs, Crusade Fleet (IN),
LotR: Khand, Gondor, Mordor

Covertwalrus

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 03:26:29 am »
 Hope this works, as I can't attach the pictures due to size constraints.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156373566907560&set=pcb.1669050919848420&type=3&theater&ifg=1

Hoping these come through - This is the FSA fighter, pretty much what you see on the "Operation Shadow Hunter" artwork, and basically a steampunk F4U Corsair.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156373566857560&set=pcb.1669050919848420&type=3&theater&ifg=1

The Russian Coalition fighter, which is the oddest of the lot - nothing like the tiny flier, more like a hybrid of MiG15 and ME 2626 with no means of movement unless those under wing pods have rocket exhausts ( Yes, the rest seem to have no props, but I think they are removed for clarity.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156373566752560&set=pcb.1669050919848420&type=3&theater&ifg=1[/

And to my eye the best of the lot - the Prussian flier, which retains the swept-forward wings and adds a lot of FW190 goodness.

RuleBritannia

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 06:19:05 am »
Thanks Covert, but doesn't work for me.  Might need to reupload to somewhere like imgur?

Covertwalrus

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2018, 07:53:24 am »

OK let's try this - first image as an attachment -

Covertwalrus

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2018, 07:54:21 am »

The second -

Covertwalrus

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2018, 07:54:58 am »

The third -

Covertwalrus

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2018, 07:55:53 am »

And the fourth, lucky last -

RuleBritannia

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2018, 08:23:36 am »
Thank you very much!  And that Prussian one is rather nice.

Covertwalrus

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2018, 11:17:10 pm »

No problem :)

I see my suspicions are confirmed that those flyers are for the upscale Armored Clash game as well.