Author Topic: Been out of the game for a while - catch me up?  (Read 882 times)

MajorMcNicol

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • Regret #9
    • View Profile
    • Andy G. and Ian C.
Been out of the game for a while - catch me up?
« on: June 21, 2017, 04:03:17 pm »
So somehow, I missed this whole DW Kickstarter thing!

Can someone explain to me what the League of Crimson is? Also, what's the deal with the Egyptian fleet - what are they all about?
http://andygomez.wordpress.com/
UPDATED Canons de Zibeline DW Merc Company rules: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_gsuBDmdvmLNFduUHRWMEtVbTA/view?usp=sharing

Check out my brother's novel on Amazon: Out From the Chasm by Keenan Cross

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
Re: Been out of the game for a while - catch me up?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 04:44:52 pm »
The Kickstarter's left me in the dust too ... I feel like there's this whole new storyline and expansion that backers know about, but I don't.

It's okay though <cough...40K> I've got plenty else <40K> to spend my attention <40K> and money on <40K>. Its not like I couldn't keep playing DW <when there's no 40K game> using my older fleet stuff, which I still need to paint <after 40K>.
 ;D
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 188
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 08:40:39 pm »
Well, to summarize, the 2.5 edition of the game takes picks up in 1876. The first phase of the world war ended in 1873 with a de facto cease fire, as the world entered a 3 year rebuilding phase. Now, that cease fire is falling apart, and the war is heating up again. It looks like Africa will be the first arena where conflict is flaring up.

The League of Crimson are an ancient mercenary/assassin group...think League of Extraordinary Gentlemen combined with the club that Jon Wick belonged to ;). The Egyptians were the pick from the poll that Spartan ran for the new faction that was unlocked as a stretch goal during the KS campaign; their shtick is that they drive large hovercraft around.

The Kickstarter's left me in the dust too ... I feel like there's this whole new storyline and expansion that backers know about, but I don't.

It's okay though <cough...40K> I've got plenty else <40K> to spend my attention <40K> and money on <40K>. Its not like I couldn't keep playing DW <when there's no 40K game> using my older fleet stuff, which I still need to paint <after 40K>.
 ;D

I know! All of a sudden I have an urge to start painting up all the Imperial Guard infantry I've had tucked away for years :)

MajorMcNicol

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • Regret #9
    • View Profile
    • Andy G. and Ian C.
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 12:46:25 am »
That's cool! Thanks @ruckdog for the run down. It's always nice to see the timeline move forward a bit. I have the 2.0 rulebook but I think the last campaign book I had was Operation Sirocco. I take it there have been a few additional books and the like since the 2.0 rulebook came out?

Might be time to revisit that customer merc faction I made up...

@Dakkar I hear ya. Dropfleet and Dropzone are my main games these days, but for some reason I just ordered Beyond the Gates of Antares plastic freeborn models because I liked the look of them. ... Then got the rulebook. And a book of short stories. And.... well, we all know how it goes. This is a wargaming forum, after all!

Too bad I missed out on the Kickstarter, but I probably just would have spent too much money on it any way  ;D
http://andygomez.wordpress.com/
UPDATED Canons de Zibeline DW Merc Company rules: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_gsuBDmdvmLNFduUHRWMEtVbTA/view?usp=sharing

Check out my brother's novel on Amazon: Out From the Chasm by Keenan Cross