Author Topic: New to game and forces to go with Royal Australia  (Read 1390 times)

Steamlord78

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
New to game and forces to go with Royal Australia
« on: April 10, 2017, 01:00:50 pm »
Ok I'm new to both this game and site. So if I ask a question that is a duh everyone knows that I'm sorry.
I just got a friend into Dystopia wars and we are splitting a two player box, the Bull in a China Shop. He is taking the Chinese and I'm getting the Royal Australia faction. What are a good choice to use for ground forces and air force for them. I looked on spartan to get an idea but I'm not sure besides Kingdom of Britannia.
Thanks for any advice.

McKInstry

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 3
    • View Profile
Re: New to game and forces to go with Royal Australia
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 02:50:30 pm »
The Kingdom of Britannia air force equipment are all available in Australian versions if you look at the download section of the Spartan website the Aussie section contains a OOB for air.  For now you could probably use the KOB, Indian and Canadian equipment as Commonwealth land forces for the Royal Australians as no land OOB for the Australians has been issued yet. Maybe Antarctican equipment for the free Aussies?

Quickdraw

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 09:28:47 pm »
The Aussie air assets are essentially the Same as the British barring some changes in MARs (model assigned rules) to make them Aussie and not British. As for allies you couldn't go wrong with Brits, but the Indian Raj wouldn't be bad either. The Aussies and the Americans also pair surprisingly well together. The long range of the FSA, with cheap carriers, is brutal when combined with the heavy weapons and boarding actions of the Australians. It's a fun combination.

RaptorEvolved

• Ensign
  • Battlefleet Gothic, Dystopian Wars and Dropfleet
    • View Profile
    • Geckoworks
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 08:39:42 pm »
yo can use the KOB Illustrious sky Fortress, I also agree with with the statement above with my (unpainted) FSA fleet they are a devastating combination. I also have a BlackWolf fleet that I combine with for some hilarious shenanigans!

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 10:25:37 pm »
Thematically, a Royal Australian/Indian Raj combination would be pretty cool. Defending the Southwest Pacific and the Indian Ocean from the predations of the Imperial Bond! Now I'm envisioning a whole campaign of island fighting between the Australians/Raj and the Chinese/Empire of the Blazing Sun...
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Steamlord78

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 12:33:33 am »
That will probably be taking place between me and my friend. We both like the idea of games with the ability to play campaigns. Now to try and get more in my area into this game.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 07:36:10 pm »
Well, definitely post pics and a write-up if you do!
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Steamlord78

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2017, 09:46:09 pm »
I will after we get the stuff in and get started. The only bad part is none of my LFGS can get Spartan Games in so I have to order everything online. Who is the best online seller for it.