Author Topic: Dystopian Wars Expansion Kickstarter  (Read 6115 times)

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Re: Dystopian Wars Expansion Kickstarter
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2016, 11:14:59 pm »
Over the past few updates they have shown diagrams of medium sized carriers for the KoB and FSA.

It looks to me like their designs are becoming a little more showy. The new light cruisers for the RC have a totally different flow to their design than previous RC models. They also have a prominent star on the bow which has only shown up sparingly in the past.

Is "showy" a good or bad thing in your opinion? They've done the same thing with the FSA, adding the "bunting" to the sides of the ship. Gonna HAVE to do that in red, white, and blue.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2016, 01:47:19 pm »
They've done the same thing with the FSA, adding the "bunting" to the sides of the ship. Gonna HAVE to do that in red, white, and blue.

Absolutely required. And congrats for using the word "bunting" correctly in a sentence ;-)

I wish I could be more excited ... but not being sure if we'll even see this in the LGS dampens enthusiasm.
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

captainrockman

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2016, 12:07:43 am »
I think the extra "showy" is a good thing. If it is carried through with all new models for each force it may provide some additional unification of the designs. Although, I suppose it may make older models look off. But, if it shows the passage of time in the DW Universe I reckon its fine.

Today's update showed us the new EotBS medium squids! With mines!

Dale, I totally agree about this being a bummer if it doesn't come to game stores. But, from a purely game quality standpoint, I do enjoy the expansion aspects.

Sailion

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2016, 02:16:18 am »
Interesting! You will have to let us know what the Corinthian Club model is.

Okay~ will do Ruckdog, sorry for late reply. heh ^^

You know been playing to much world of warships when read the Dystopian wars comments on the ships and look at FSA ship.. immdately think in reply.

1. "Hulls look higher out of the water" me: Well that be easyier to cidatel pen.
2. "Ships shouldnt wear so much bling" me: Thats going to caugth fire to HE shells easy.

Um.. i went in for the captain pledge, as got more alliance fleets than main. Also cant afford the design one, otherwise gone for that. *nods* Really looking forward to French ships, espcially the large submarine! *drools <3" Dreams do come true~

Ow, heres something that drew as had ships on the brain lately and kinda picked up brittish fleet in spartans sales XD. 

Sailion
World of warships: Sailion (EU)

Firestorm armada:
- Directorate
- Hawker industries, Ryushi & Terquai
- Works Raptor
- Syndicate

Dystopian wars:
- Denmark
- Polish & Lithuian
- French
- Italians

Halo Fleet & Ground battles:
- Covenant & Unsc

Ryjak

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ops Center
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2016, 01:05:21 pm »
That's pretty good concept art.

hypnotini

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2016, 11:24:01 am »
Sorry about my lengthy hiatus! I'm interested to see the new rules. Haven't played in ages, wasn't sure about backing this, I love collecting models but I don't think I really want to play either faction so ima probably back the book or something :-D

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2016, 02:34:22 pm »
We are entering the final days of the KS! Today's update featured an awesome shark-shaped submarine for the COA:

Here is the text from the update (in spoilers for brevity):

[spoiler]Praxilla Class 'Hunter Killer' Submarine (Medium) (Unit size 1-2)
 Praxilla is one of the newest ships, and concepts, to appear in the Covenant naval forces. Developed in the aftermath of the stinging American assault on the ‘ghost island’ Hooke’s Reach in 1872, the Praxilla is, in the words of its designer, Shipwright-Primus Amberley Hawtin, ‘a floating assassin’.

The shark-like submersible is a true hunter-killer, a seaborne archer of cruel efficiency. Its primary weaponry is a lethal ‘Long Lance’ magnetic impeller, capable of hurling metal darts at huge velocities, sufficient to smash through the toughest armour. A group of Praxillas often seek to triangulate their fire, performing a massive, deadly precision strike on key enemy target before slipping beneath the waves.

Though less at home at short range, with a crew of no more than twenty-five, the submersible is by no means defenceless. In-built luminescent designators allow the vessel to mark targets for destruction by other Covenant units, and an overconfident enemy crew can quickly find their ship flayed to red-hot scrap by a criss-crossing web of killing light beams. Neither is it a particularly easy prospect for opportunistic boarding attempts, as it also carries a complement of Iron Men automata aboard.

Each model comes with a highly detailed 'submerged' base. Please note that following feedback we have modified the edges of our water bases and we will be retro-fitting this look to the other models in our Kickstarter which feature a water base.
[/spoiler]

In general, I'm always a fan of having more submarines in the game :). This one definitely looks awesome, a literal "Shark of Steel." It will be interesting to see if it can fire the "Long Lance" weapon while submerged. I'm also wondering if it will have the hull ripper MAR given that row of spikes on its dorsal.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2016, 10:12:05 pm »
That is one sweet model. I've been kinda thinking for awhile about starting a CoA fleet...this is definitely pushing me in that direction.

Quickdraw

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2016, 11:21:05 pm »
It's really cool looking. Has some interesting sounding rules too.

Sailion

• Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2016, 09:54:12 am »
The Coa submarine looks awesome :D, oh little while ago drew some more.. thought ships for Kindgom of denmark that would be replace prussian lend lease xD.

heh, enjoy. ^^
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 09:56:19 am by Sailion »
World of warships: Sailion (EU)

Firestorm armada:
- Directorate
- Hawker industries, Ryushi & Terquai
- Works Raptor
- Syndicate

Dystopian wars:
- Denmark
- Polish & Lithuian
- French
- Italians

Halo Fleet & Ground battles:
- Covenant & Unsc

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2016, 11:03:44 pm »
Very cool sketch! I like where your head is at on the modularity piece :).

One thing I'm noticing, though, is that it looks like PE models are going to be moving closer to the Danish ships in terms of their looks; specifically, the way the bows are shaped.

Spartan has also pushed out some info on one of the campaign books, to be called Bronze Typhoon:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/921886974/dystopian-world-expansion/posts/1766581?ref=activity

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2017, 12:37:15 am »
Just filled out my BackerKit survey. Woohoo! Hopefully I'll be swimming in new resin in about 8 weeks!

McKInstry

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2017, 12:10:08 pm »
Did mine as well. I sure when they arrive I will suffer decision paralysis as there is just so much stuff in this one. I'm really looking forward to see what the Egyptians look like.

markymark1970

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2017, 02:21:36 pm »
Ditto here...  My wallet is hurting.

I am excited to see the Egyptians as well.  I know some people are loath to see a theme, but I do particularly enjoy what Spartan did with the Ottomans (and the Chinese to a lesser degree) by digging into the historical architecture.  If they can pull off some Sphinx/pyramid/obelisk thing without looking ridiculous, I'll be impressed.

McKInstry

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2017, 07:37:48 pm »
Based on Chinese in particular, once we get Egyptian land forces I will be stunned if there are not Sphinx type robots. Maybe not just pyramids but I sure hope for Valley of the Kings columns/obelisk type structures on the bridges of the ships.