Author Topic: Dystopian Wars Expansion Kickstarter  (Read 6114 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Dystopian Wars Expansion Kickstarter
« on: October 31, 2016, 04:16:15 pm »
Newly announced by Spartan:

http://www.spartangames.co.uk/dystopian-world-expansion-kickstarter

Hi Everyone,

Following on from our research we re pleased to provide you with details of our revised Dystopian World Expansion plans. This blog is only an intro to our plans, with much more exciting information and images to follow in the coming days and weeks.

http://www.spartangames.co.uk/dystopian-world-expansion-kickstarter

This sounds pretty good to me! I'm not sure if I'll jump in on the KS campaigne or just wait for the retail release. I suppose it will depend on how the campaign is structured.

Quickdraw

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Dystopian Wars Expansion Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 08:08:09 pm »
It looks like there is some promising stuff here. Can't wait to see what the campaign looks like. It will be interesting to see the state of Spartan Games fanbase from how the backing goes. There is obviously a lot of dissatisfied customers out there for them to do a big survey and restructuring.

I'm a little nervous about giving giant ships to Dystopian wars though. They've been going bigger and bigger with Firestorm and then Halo. An 11 inch carrier is pretty big and after playing with models that size it's actually a big pain in the butt. I think it sort of works for Halo with the element organization structure but I don't know about DW. Most of the terrain we play with isn't even that big.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 12:24:32 am »
I too am excited about this. But I'm in the camp that thinks everything is just fine with DW, so what do I know?  :P I'll likely back the Kickstarter simply because, you know, Dystopian Wars, but it will depend on the value and rewards.

@Quickdraw: I don't know...could be interesting to have a ship that size. As long as there aren't a ton of models in that size category, I think it'll be OK. Plus, I think it fits right in with the fluff of the DW universe--an iceberg converted into an aircraft carrier? That's some cool Victorian sci-fi!

I also like that they're basing a faction in Africa. I know it's not a faction native to that continent, and I'm hoping that they WILL release an African faction (even if it's a minor power).
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Sailion

• Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 11:25:21 am »
Hey guys, um.. really like the idea of the kickstarter and blogs sound good too. Thought notsure, but ice carrier is awesome and battleships so far. :D

This was my reply to modular battleships thread on the spartans forums, thought was thinking about kickstarter. Kinda.. got too excited so went and played world of warships and listerned to song Fleet warfare while on my Benson/Atlanta XD.

The reply:
(That would actually be quite cool as would match the frigates, destroyers and corvettes engines and looks. Plus could be more sneaky, hmm.. yep sub ships suit coa. ^_^

Though would like to see more skimmers for the french :D as the Alma and Magenta Mk 1 favorite ship hulls, fluff wise remeber the RoF experimented with flying ships for agies. Easyier to move around Britannia blockades~ *nods & grins innocently*

um.. admit like themes and kinda partial to the all skimmer fleet style ships because played, Skys of arcadia on dreamcast and was hooked by flying ships. Kinda why got Rof and Polish & lithuians heh~ :wub:

Am looking forward to what designs well see and other stuff.

Edit: Got too excited, sorry. heh ^_^)

Sailion
World of warships: Sailion (EU)

Firestorm armada:
- Directorate
- Hawker industries, Ryushi & Terquai
- Works Raptor
- Syndicate

Dystopian wars:
- Denmark
- Polish & Lithuian
- French
- Italians

Halo Fleet & Ground battles:
- Covenant & Unsc

Sailion

• Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 02:10:52 pm »
Were got battleships on the brain, got urge to draw. >_<

Um.. looking forward to this *nods* ^_^

Sailion

Firestorm armada:
- Directorate
- Works Raptor
- Syndicate

Dystopian wars:
- Denmark
- Polish & Lithuian
- French
- Italians

- Covenant & Unsc

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 06:07:32 am »
An update posted on the Spartan FB page indicates that this KS should be going live next week.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 08:16:24 am by Ruckdog »

Sailion

• Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 08:13:52 am »
Yeah, just got email for it too, thought think its Corinthian club newsletter from spartan but talking about the kickstarter. *nods*

Sailion

Firestorm armada:
- Directorate
- Works Raptor
- Syndicate

Dystopian wars:
- Denmark
- Polish & Lithuian
- French
- Italians

- Covenant & Unsc

Sailion

• Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2016, 08:48:12 am »
It says.. um..

Email title: Dystopian world kickstarter is just days away!

Exclusive model for Corinthian Club memebers

Have seen the news that we are launching a dystopian world exspansion campiagn on kickstarter this month? this is to let you know how Corinthian club members can be part of the campiagn.

As you may know, products in kickstarter campaigns become reality when the campiagn has enough backers to reach its goal. And the more backers, the more products are unloacked to become reality.

Spread the word
If you're a dystopain wars fan (or even just a spartan games fan) we'd like to invite you to help us make the campign a huge sucess. Tell your friends, spread the word at events and shops, add a link to the campaign on the forums that you may use. Anything that spreads the word, helps the campign.

Pledge and recieve an exclusive model
It goes witjout saying that we hope you will see a pledge that appeals to you and the back the campign yourselves. As a special thank you to our Corinthian club members, we are designing an exclusive dystopian wars model that can be yours if you back the campign and are in the Corinthian club when the reward ships.

You can make a pledge to back the campign at different levels, from Ensign to Admiral of the fleet. All pledge levels from Captain level and above will be eligible to the fabulous exclusive model.

And for the ultimate fan...
Are you aa dystopian wars super fan? if you are, there will be a limited number of Admiral of the Fleet pledges available that are truly "money can't buy" opportunities. Not only do you receive a whole bundle of products that the campaign delivers, bu you will also have access to our Lead Product Designer to design your own model! You get to choose the nation and the type/size of the model and you get to choose whether you - and only you - own the model, or whether it joins the others in the product line and is avalible for sale to all players. We'll then send you a box of the models to play with. Our rules writers will also work with you to create a playable set of game statistics for your model.

So yeah, basicly what newsletter says in the email and have few links to blogs on their website, typed it up for you guys. ^_^

Edit: Sorry for my bad spelling. Just wanted to share.

Sailion
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 08:50:10 am by Sailion »

Firestorm armada:
- Directorate
- Works Raptor
- Syndicate

Dystopian wars:
- Denmark
- Polish & Lithuian
- French
- Italians

- Covenant & Unsc

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2016, 07:28:17 am »
Interesting! You will have to let us know what the Corinthian Club model is.

Anyway, the KS is live! There is a YUGE blog post over on the Spartan blog discussing it, which I'm not event going I try and copy and paste here. Link:

http://www.spartangames.co.uk/dystopian-world-kickstarter-pledges

There is an interesting note at the bottom about retailer bolt-ons...I'm going to hold off on backing until those details are known and see if there is a way to work this through the FLGS.

captainrockman

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2016, 08:09:26 pm »
I think going through the FLGS is a good idea. But, the campaign says those massive ships for the Prussians and RC are campaign exclusives.  I wonder if stores can get those or not.

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2016, 10:37:10 pm »
I'll buy through my LGS, whatever they get. If they don't, well, I've got plenty of unpainted ships as it is, so no rush beyond the rulebook.
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

captainrockman

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2016, 04:58:48 pm »
Anybody else digging the updates to the kickstarter campaign?

I'm really enjoying the flavor text about the new ships. This is something I've personally been wanting since I started playing DW. It would be cool if the new force books include these kinds of stories and details for our other models.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2016, 06:51:09 pm »
+1 for the updates. Spartan in general has seemed more communicative since the survey we all got several weeks ago.

I'm all for supporting my FLGS, you all know that, but I backed this Kickstarter at the Captain level and added funds to grab the core expansion for a second fleet (obviously I'm going FSA and RoF). I don't mind putting money towards this as a Kickstarter--DW is one of my favorite games and the game for which I have the most models, and I'd like to see the system expand. I'm sure there will be other goodies that come out down the line that I'll order through the Haven.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2016, 10:52:14 am »
I am really liking the way that this kickstarter is shaping up! I might have to back it individually, regardless of what happens through the FLGS.

captainrockman

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2016, 02:57:57 pm »
Over the past few updates they have shown diagrams of medium sized carriers for the KoB and FSA.

It looks to me like their designs are becoming a little more showy. The new light cruisers for the RC have a totally different flow to their design than previous RC models. They also have a prominent star on the bow which has only shown up sparingly in the past.