Author Topic: The Italian Air Fleet!  (Read 1011 times)

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
The Italian Air Fleet!
« on: January 16, 2015, 02:59:38 pm »
I'm not a big fan of the Italian surface ships, but I gotta say, I'm really liking the look of the upcoming aerial models:

http://www.spartangames.co.uk/february-2015-release

A biplane light interceptor?  What's not to like?!?!?!
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

markymark1970

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 15
    • View Profile
Re: The Italian Air Fleet!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 10:57:34 pm »
I'm going to have to see more pictures of that Sky Fortress in person.  Not sure what I think of it.  It looks kinda flimsy.  And not sure of the Wright Brothers tech tree for their aircraft overall...  that "Spruce Goose" heavy bomber, ha!  The ships I kinda dig though (marble columns/pillars, maybe they allow gambling on the boats, floating Caesar's Palaces) and the airship with the exposed girders is neat too.

CDR-G

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 09:53:46 am »
I went big with the Italians, and waited, and waited, for a promised second round to make the fleet whole. This almost does it. Why no destroyers?
The BC, Hasta and Pilum are easy wins, the smalls seem redundant. The Sky Fortress, well, lets say it will be hard to compete with the Affondatore carrier. A Big ugly expensive 9 plane carrier? It better have more than it is showing or be cheaper than I expect.  Like MASSIVE bomb capacity, and mucho hit points for 180 points. Somehow I doubt this. I expect, 220 points, 9 HP, 5 DR/8 CR, Shields (3), 9 SAS/carrier points, decent broadsides (maybe 8/6/5/4), and... that's it. Meh.
Something odd like Troop Reinforcement would shake up LOIS enemies, (Italians Boarding as a Tactic?)

markymark1970

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 11:41:26 pm »
Have you painted your Italians?  I'd be curious to see how you did them up.