Author Topic: Walking "on" Water  (Read 1749 times)

captainrockman

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Walking "on" Water
« on: November 02, 2015, 10:26:49 am »
Hey Everyone,

I am looking into the EBS and have seen a couple old battle reports online where folks have included Large EBS walkers in Naval Battles. I haven't seen anything in the rules that make this legal. Am I missing something? Or, could this maybe be a house rule, or something from 1.0-1?

Quickdraw

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Walking "on" Water
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 12:58:08 pm »
Anything that is listed as a multi purpose model can be used in a naval game, within the non-core restrictions.

captainrockman

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 01:02:11 pm »
Interesting. I suppose it makes sense that if robots can walk through water, then other legged machines would too.

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 05:13:03 pm »
I'd like to see some more multi purpose models, that can transition terrain. There are several that can change height levels, but these are rather conventional (submarines/planes). Yet as far as I know none can go from surface to flying, which would be cool. Not including low level flyers. Going from submerged to skimming sounds like good steampunky fun!
"Without destruction there can be no creation"

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 09:26:50 pm »
I'd like to see some more multi purpose models, that can transition terrain. There are several that can change height levels, but these are rather conventional (submarines/planes). Yet as far as I know none can go from surface to flying, which would be cool. Not including low level flyers. Going from submerged to skimming sounds like good steampunky fun!

The very first edition of the French Magenta battleship (which was only available at Gencon 2012 IIRC) could transition from Surface to Flying; the blister came with both the full-hulled flying model and the waterlined surface model. When RoF was turned into a core faction, though, the model's stats were changed to skimming vice flying.

captainrockman

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2015, 09:23:35 am »
Thanks everyone.

Unfortunately after looking at the EBS ORBATS, it seems that the large walkers are no longer Multipurpose. They are all terrain, but that doesn't help with water.

At least I can still use the giant hover squid!

Quickdraw

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 11:10:27 am »

The very first edition of the French Magenta battleship (which was only available at Gencon 2012 IIRC) could transition from Surface to Flying; the blister came with both the full-hulled flying model and the waterlined surface model. When RoF was turned into a core faction, though, the model's stats were changed to skimming vice flying.

That's really cool...
Would be neat to see something like that again.

Creon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2015, 09:40:15 pm »
Thanks everyone.

Unfortunately after looking at the EBS ORBATS, it seems that the large walkers are no longer Multipurpose. They are all terrain, but that doesn't help with water.

At least I can still use the giant hover squid!

Multipurpose is in the vehicle class title. The big samurai still wades. Capital massive multipurpose robot

captainrockman

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 12:17:51 am »
Creon,

It's true that the giant Samurai bot would still work in a naval game. However, I'm more interested in the Heavy walkers. Unfortunately, they are Armoured models.